This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Ex-FAAWAFU

Sink the Bismarck! HMS Ark Royal, 26 May 1941

Woah!! :worthy:  :worthy:  :clap: (couldn't think of an actual English word to express my admiration, so there ... :) )

Ciao

Great pictures and that last one really does give a good glimpse of how this will evolve. Superb stuff.

Terry

46 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Anyway, here’s a sneak preview of a fairly distant future!

50069930512_cd5ec5189d_b.jpg

50069119158_9468a5aab6_b.jpg

50069930492_a146c682e2_b.jpg

More soon

Crisp

She looks great, very tempted to start mine now I’ve seen those pics. 

Thanks for the updates, really interesting background stuff and the details you’re adding are brilliant.

Cheers

Nick

Stopped in to see what was going on since my last visit. Sat for 15 mins with my mouth hanging open.

A truly remarkable build and blog. Thank you for sharing

Kev

That really brings home the scale, all senses of the word, of this build :coolio:

Masterly!

Rob

Incidentally, those photos only emphasise all the more how little of the cable deck is going to be visible!

Ah yes, but we all know it's there! :D 

Looking superb Crisp. 

1 hour ago, Bigdave22014 said:

Strategically placed magnifying glasses and lighting when displayed perhaps? 

More likely to have resin “water” p*ssing out of it, to be honest!

Looking at those pics again and seeing the full deep hull, I think you said you intended the model to go into a seascape? if so when do you plan to chop off her bottom?

Terry

2 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Looking at those pics again and seeing the full deep hull, I think you said you intended the model to go into a seascape? if so when do you plan to chop off her bottom?

Terry

That’s difficult to answer at the moment; I need to do some experiments with rough seascapes before I commit - don’t want to cut off hull & then find it shows in a trough.  I’d rather have a deep-sided base to encompass the whole hull than that.  We’ll see...

It’s also deceptive; she was tall - the top of the boot topping was well below the upper edge of the armoured belt, which is easily visible on the side shots.  There’s a lot of Ark above water

21 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

That’s difficult to answer at the moment; I need to do some experiments with rough seascapes before I commit - don’t want to cut off hull & then find it shows in a trough.  I’d rather have a deep-sided base to encompass the whole hull than that.  We’ll see...

I thought you settled for real water, didn't you? No wait, that was back when you were in London and you had a spare room you could permanently flood ... :D  :rofl: Sorry, I'll get my :coat: 

Seriously though, given what you said here...

23 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

There’s a lot of Ark above water

... I agree with your idea of a deep-sided base

Ciao

Seeing the full hull does give some perspective alright, what a grand project this is Crisp.

15 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Incidentally, those photos only emphasise all the more how little of the cable deck is going to be visible!

You'll definitely need to file away that pic of the cable deck to include in the RFI.