RF-4C CR.12 Recce Phantom - Torrejon 1/48 - finished

exdraken

Beautiful workmanship!! Looking forward to the RFI.

As an aside, I don't know about Spanish Phantoms, but most F-4s had black on the inside of the canopy frames, and the photoflash opening and doors were red (flash tray and flares were silver).

Gene K

Edited by Gene K
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2019 at 12:20 AM, Gene K said:

Beautiful workmanship!! Looking forward to the RFI.

As an aside, I don't know about Spanish Phantoms, but most F-4s had black on the inside of the canopy frames, and the photoflash opening and doors were red (flash tray and flares were silver).

Gene K

thanks... regarding the canopy, you are probably right and I should change that.... :(  later----

regarding the photoflash opening  doors: I was searching hard fro any references, especially Spanish ones... without success. I only saw one video with a flyby with open photoflash doors.... those looked grey to me... as everything in this vid! .....

so not sure actually :D 

10 minutes ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Excellent job, Werner! 😉 The seats looks very busy with a details. Did you unmasked the camera windows?!

Nice Phantom! 👍

YES!

4KoA1E0.jpg

qoFokmY.jpg

Gallery entry

thanks everybody!

hasta la proxima!

Werner

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 4

On 9/26/2019 at 10:59 AM, exdraken said:

regarding the photoflash opening  doors: I was searching hard fro any references, especially Spanish ones... without success.  

Here's one for you:

yxjqf4x5

And here's how one modeler did his: 

y4js5olx

Certain doors and compartments that required crew/maintenance attention were the same red color an all Phantom variants, for example the doors and interior of the photoflash compartment and the RAT compartment. Additionally certain door interiors were the same red, for example,  speed brakes and  Aux Air Doors. I doubt that the the Spanish Phantoms would not adhere to this factory standard. 

Gene K

Edit: You may find this page interesting as regards RF-4 interior colors: https://tinyurl.com/y6oh9xyc

Edited by Gene K
Added Ref Build
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gene K said:

Here's one for you:

yxjqf4x5

And here's how one modeler did his: 

y4js5olx

Certain doors and compartments that required crew/maintenance attention were the same red color an all Phantom variants, for example the doors and interior of the photoflash compartment and the RAT compartment. Additionally certain door interiors were the same red, for example,  speed brakes and  Aux Air Doors. I doubt that the the Spanish Phantoms would not adhere to this factory standard. 

Gene K

Edit: You may find this page interesting as regards RF-4 interior colors: https://tinyurl.com/y6oh9xyc

Thanks a lot Gene!

I found a similar photo of a USAF  Rf-4, but as stated above, no Spanish one.... only the bad video.... and I stopped using models as reference... when building more obscure stuff, especially Sovuet etc, ones own research is a MUST ;) also leads to mistakes though :D

will repaint it accordingly some day!