1/48 UH-60M Conversion by Xtreme Modelers Studio?

flarpen

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 12:30 PM, flarpen said:

I have found out who makes it.

His name is Diego Romero and I got in touch with him on FB and have ordered a set.

How much does the set cost? I am curious as well, looks like really nice details, far above what the Academy kits have.

14 minutes ago, Stalker6Recon said:

How much does the set cost? I am curious as well, looks like really nice details, far above what the Academy kits have.

It's not what I would call cheap by any means.

He wants 80 USD for the set. But as you say, the details looks very nice and the only game in town to properly make an UH-60M.
The other conversions out there basically only have the upturned exhaust and the modified rotor blades. Here you get the new IP as well and a myriad of other details including a basically complete interior from what I can see and the door gun armament if you go for that option.

I ordered the standard transport version, but he included the minigun as well as a standard .50 cal machine gun that's not normally included in the transport set.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, flarpen said:

He wants 80 USD for the set.

That's definitely not cheap, I have three of the Cobra Company correction sets, forget the number, but I will check. It has the upgraded IP's, including the one on the ceiling. What it doesn't have is that nice floor and ceiling, those look very nice. I also got resin floors made by someone on ARC, which have all the missing details that Academy kits lack, but since they are home made, I am not sure how well they fit.

This set definitely covers more ground, I would love to see how it builds out before I could commit to buying a set, besides, I am broke😀. One day, when I get out of debt, maybe I can buy a set from him. My next big buy will be the new Kitty Hawk MH-60M, from what I have seen that kit is far superior to anything from Academy, but you pay a premium for the kit, so that should be expected.

Cheers,

Anthony

PS. When you start your WIP, let me know so I can tag along. I am new to modeling, haven't built a kit in thirty years, so I am all about learning techniques and finding the tools required for the modern era of model making.

Found my pictures. The first is the set from Cobra Company. The second pic is the home made parts, floor and gunners walls.

UH-60L Academy kit w/extras

UH-60L Academy kit w/extras

The curved part at the far right is the cockpit floor, I took this picture before I understood what I had, there are no instructions. After going over the kit, I realized it was the cockpit floor based on the boxes, which all the helo's have, but Academy failed to include in their mold. The lack of experience shows😀, someone with more experience than I have, would have figured that out immediately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flarpen said:

Ok
The Cobra sets looks nice as well but they are in 1/35 scale, this set is in 1/48.

See, my silly brain is all over the place, I am so focused on 35th scale, my brain blocked out the 48th right in the title. This is how I keep digging holes, deeper and deeper 😁!

If you haven't seen the Academy 35th up close, you would probably be shocked at the lack of detail inside. Even though the pilots doors are "ready to be opened with a tiny amount of scoring", the inside of those doors have............... Those big ejector pin marks, and they don't come with hinges.

Don't get me wrong, I love their helicopters, just got their MH-53E Sea Dragon, she is huge in 48th and gorgeous. But if you see a side by side comparison of the new Kitty Hawk kit and the Academy kit, it's night and day, if night were on Pluto and day were on............the SUN! 😀

Now that you have kicked my CPU into functionality, that resin set for a 48th kit, it even more impressive. And with that in mind, it reminds me that I have a 48th scale Blackhawk by mini-craft if memory serves.

Please remember to tip me over when you get those parts and start a WIP, again, I would love to follow along and see how they build up.

Cheers,

Anthony

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Stalker6Recon said:

Please remember to tip me over when you get those parts and start a WIP, again, I would love to follow along and see how they build up.

Cheers,

Anthony

😀
Not to worry, it's vacation times, so it's ok for the brain to be absent as well.

I have a feeling that when this set arrives the UH-60 will move quite hi up in the to do pile.

There are a couple of builds that needs to be done first though. But I'll make sure to get a WIP started.

best regards

Johan

10 hours ago, flarpen said:

Not to worry,

Just to be safe, I will follow you, after all I am stalker6recon 😁!

Looks like a fun build and can make an average model into a spectacular one, no pressure there, just high hopes.

Cheers, Anthony

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, paulsbrown said:

I've got some of his stuff,

Which parts of his did you use already? Do you have pics, and how well did they go together? Any issues with fit? I think we would all like an opinion regarding the set, as they are not exactly cheap, especially for 48th scale.

Thanks,

Anthony

18 hours ago, Stalker6Recon said:

Which parts of his did you use already? Do you have pics, and how well did they go together?

None yet, I had about 20 minute's time to look through the parts before having to go on a trip. I'll do some fitting and take some photos when I'm back.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2019 at 2:25 PM, Stalker6Recon said:

take some photos when I'm back

Sorry this took some time but here's some photos of the two sets I have.

I haven't been able to check the fit as the only kit I have is on the bench and has my own scratch built interior. As soon as I get another Blackhawk I will do some fitting.

Overall, I like the kits, they are pricey but there's a heck of a lot of work in them and there's some great detail. Thoughtful things such as pilot's seats having different belt positions where as most kits annoyingly just give you two identical ones. 

I will also add that Diego of Xtreme Modelers Studio was very good to work with, we had to go through some hurdles with Paypal that were tedious.  His shipping was very quick and well packed.

This is the Pave Hawk

otZD3z6.jpgPydgwqd.jpgaAIuyYW.jpghZuKPEF.jpgx1dXtX3.jpg

And the UH-60M

6VNXiko.jpg

DSAZkFA.jpg

pYoKbPC.jpgNbFsGBK.jpgsVzSvHV.jpgBEeh5Ow.jpg

• Like 4

The Philippines Air force just got some blackhawks but not sure the version and if this will work. The S-70 is manufactured in Poland

spacer.png

Hacker

Edited by hacker
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...