Double the fun. JB builds two Phantoms.

Jb65rams

Just having a catch up JB,looking good I just got new decal's for my US build ,wondered what your thoughts are for your Airfix build

I know it's accurate but those stencils are daunting and looking at photos of the real thing in service hardly noticeable so apart from

the main ones I'm leaving the majority off also the smaller the decal the poorer they seem each will need decal solution as even on the

gloss coat they silver like mad.

• Like 1

Apologies I will not be able to finish these in time., work has taken over at the moment and just don’t have any free time.

@stevej60 Agree the stencils are a bit daunting and will probably only use the main ones or the ones that give a splash of colour. As for the kit itself, nice kit, goes together well but there is something about it, it just hasn’t grabbed me. Just started fighting Xtrakits Sea Vixen with all its issues and to be honest I am finding that more enjoyable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jb65rams said:

Apologies I will not be able to finish these in time., work has taken over at the moment and just don’t have any free time.

@stevej60 Agree the stencils are a bit daunting and will probably only use the main ones or the ones that give a splash of colour. As for the kit itself, nice kit, goes together well but there is something about it, it just hasn’t grabbed me. Just started fighting Xtrakits Sea Vixen with all its issues and to be honest I am finding that more enjoyable.

I'm in the same boat too JB,great kit probably if I'd been building it without the distraction of a dozen other projects I would have enjoyed it

more.