NA Mustang IV 112 Squadron RAF

airbus320

Hey everybody, is there room for one more? I would like to build this:

spacer.png

in these colours:

spacer.png

As a twist I’m debating building it as G-SHWN that’s currently on the air show circuit, including the civilianised interior and possibly the invasion stripes!

Chris

Edited by airbus320
Image links not working
  • Like 3

On 6/30/2019 at 11:03 AM, Basilisk said:

Plenty of room left. Building it as G-SHWN is a great idea, but would need a bit of work in the cockpit as it is a twin seater.

Cheers, Peter

Challenge accepted! Resources are limited but I found some pictures on the ARCo website. I’ve made a new floor for the rear cockpit, added some seats from the spares box and made cushions from milliput. I’ve also re-done the sidewalls. I’ll let this dry, throw on some paint and some seatbelts and see how it looks!

asOWMnJ.jpg

QuLSQ6R.jpg

Chris

• Like 5

Quick update, managed to cobble the interior together and join the fuselage halves. The rear headrest fouled the fuselage and had to be removed, I’ll add it back at a later stage.

Chris

ezRAHQ5.jpg

tjj3A0Q.jpg

• Like 2

Hi folks, some further work on the Mustang. Fuselage, wings and tail are all joined, wing panel lines have been filled and the rear headrest re-instated. Got to sort out the joints between wings and fuselage after which she will nearly be ready for the paint shop!

eUgRN1X.jpg

Chris

• Like 3

Looking fine. But I would not go with the camo pattern given. Not quite right for the Mk.IV to my knowledge. It should be the 'firewall' scheme. Some research will show what I mean.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 11:32 AM, Paul J said:

Looking fine. But I would not go with the camo pattern given. Not quite right for the Mk.IV to my knowledge. It should be the 'firewall' scheme. Some research will show what I mean.

Hi Paul,

thanks for the info! It looks to me like the real aircraft is painted in the firewall scheme so I’ll go with that.

K8ZbiXa.jpg

Here’s how things stand right now, primer is on and just a few seams to fix. Then it’s on with the camo!

Chris

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well sadly this one is done-for folks. I managed to spill some thinners onto the wing which promptly turned the whole thing into a gloopy mess. I managed to salvage some of the detail parts for future use but I’m afraid the rest was beyond saving! 😰

Chris

• Sad 3