Sikorsky SH-60F Oceanhawk 1/72

This is my build of the 1/72 Hobby Boss's Sikorsky SH-60F Oceanhawk. The kit was a fairly easy build although I could argue with some of their decisions and the lack of some interior and engine exhaust detail. The kit came with decals for this and an HS-8 aircraft and while they went on fairly well there was more silvering that needed attention then I am used to. I used both the Eduard 72-378 and SS344 interiors and their CX244 mask. Even though the 72-378 is really for the Hasegawa kit, it worked well here.

So, on to the picturtes

7rIhvqxG_o.jpg

sHkPJWRk_o.jpg

cxlJ3msx_o.jpg

hXd7I1DF_o.jpg

x0205T1a_o.jpg

x5Lh8X8F_o.jpg

Next up is the Hasegawa SH-60B

Enjoy

• Like 14

The alternate scheme was this one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSC-8#/media/File:US_Navy_070928-N-4995K-066_Rear_Adm._Gerard_Mauer,_the_guest_speaker_for_the_transition_ceremony_of_Helicopter_Anti-Submarine_Squadron_(HS)_8.jpg

and seen here

https://modelingmadness.com/review/mod/us/usn/rfsh60.htm

It was tempting but I decided it was a little too flamboyant, and I was also afraid I would mess up the decal for the tail. 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Nice clean build. You might want to consider giving a dark wash on your next build. I would also recommend the 1/72 Hobby Boss kits. There are a few from them one of my favorite was the rescue hawk. I m currently merging a blackhawk and rescue hawk to build a knighthawk. 

• Thanks 1

I have the Olimp MH-60R conversion and I will be using the Hobby Boss SH-60B for that. I did the Hasegawa SH-60B 

and had no real complaints with it