This is a very interesting kit from Tamiya, that one rarely sees built up for the contest table.  I thought I'd try a relaxing build for the fun of it.  Boy, was I in for a surprise!  This is one big airplane!  Molded in 1975, the plastic is warped, and it has raised detail that in many places needs to be re-scribed.  Also, there is a ton of sanding and filling to do, especially when mating the engine nacelles to the wings.  I also painted the plane's exterior with Tamiya rattle cans, which is like spraying a model with a fire extinguisher!  But hey, I'm always up for a challenge.  So I added 4 Doyusha electric motors, illuminating altitude lights, Eduard photo etch cockpit, sound effects via an MP3 player, and a Coastal Kit Base, and Paul Colombo Wood Bases.  If your going to build a difficult kit, why not go all out!  Like I said, I wanted a relaxing build!🤣  So I hope you can sit back, relax and enjoy the pictures.

( I even took Silver at the NIMCOM 8 Show last Saturday 22 June, in McHenry, IL, in the Diorama Category.)

IMG_1545 (2)

Double Click on my Name to view videos.  

IMG_1580 (2)

IMG_1128 (2)

IMG_1590 (2)

IMG_1585 (2)

PLEASE NOTE THE SCRATCH BUILT BOMB AIMER'S HAND HELD SIGHT NEAR HIS LEFT HAND

58059576214__C6687B36-2D01-42CF-9266-AFF9481C34FE (2)

IMG_1586 (2)

IMG_1592 (2)

IMG_1591 (2)

IMG_1579 (2)

IMG_1597 (2)

Edited by CMSCHLOM
  • Like 39

32 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

Looks very good in the photos, but your movies don't work for me.

Try moving your cursor on the picture and my name should appear in the lower left corner, click on my name and should take you to Flikr. 

One of the best presentations of a model you're ever likely to see the sound effect's and moving props are outstanding,not forgetting a great build of the

Tamiya kit at the heart of it.Superb!

• Thanks 1

Great build, especially with using the rattle cans for the exterior.  The diorama is very convincing as well.  When viewed from above, it really appears that the Lancaster is flying just over the water.  Congrats on a well-deserved award!

Cheers,

Mark

• Thanks 1

Brilliant ! All of it ,start to finish .

Might be me but I can't get those flikr things . I've hovered like a Harrier , nothing.

Edited by bzn20
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bzn20 said:

Brilliant ! All of it ,start to finish .

Might be me but I can't get those flikr things . I've hovered like a Harrier , nothing.

Flickr has really mucked up their site since changing over, but this should work:  Try moving your cursor on the picture and my name should appear in the lower left corner, click on my name and should take you to Flickr. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, CMSCHLOM said:

Try moving your cursor on the picture and my name should appear in the lower left corner

I did that but your name is already there before I start . Hover ,click Nothing else appears but the play arrow in the centre disappears , nothing . Click again the play arrow comes back. Shrugs shoulders in confusion .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve27752 said:

which took me to Flickr

No I can't get it. Has yours got Invalid source on it ?