Airfix 1/72 NA Mustang P-51D

Hi There,

It was decided by Innis that our next project would be a Mustang, but an RAF one. I had a couple of Mustangs picked up from Aldi, but no RAF decals. I managed to get some cheaply but they were for a Mustang III.

Still, The Wee Manny would like an RAF version so these were used.

The kit was finished quickly as he wanted it done before his Holiday and we had a couple of minor disasters. He was doing a panel line wash whilst I was in the Kitchen cooking Enchiladas and I lost track of the time so the wash was an absolute nightmare to get off cleanly.

My fault entirely as was spilling glue on the nose when I was fitting the undercarriage which the melted the Sharkmouth decal. I covered it up as much as I could and to be fair it looks ok from three feet away.

So, here it is, warts and all with Airfix's famous wonky Mustang undercarriage and a toothpick aerial as the kit ones were so mismoulded and flashed they were unusable and stuck on a base made from the cover to a scented candle from B&M.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Alistair

bcr4bAe.jpg

JeUhvFf.jpg

Zinza5P.jpg

FaXqkj4.jpg

UbOoK6P.jpg

• Like 12

I wouldn't had known you had any mishaps if you hadn't mentioned them, Alistair.  The panel lines look great so kudos for cleaning them up so well.  You have a very nice looking Mustang there.

Cheers,

Mark

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mark Joyce said:

I wouldn't had known you had any mishaps if you hadn't mentioned them, Alistair.  The panel lines look great so kudos for cleaning them up so well.  You have a very nice looking Mustang there.

Cheers,

Mark

Many Thanks for your kind words.

Cheers,

Alistair