***finished*** Phantom’s Phantoms

Don't worry about not being first, I didn't even enter the GB I just ran!

I'm looking forward to seeing how this'un goes, I've got one in the stash. Which markings will you use?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Build 'em all!  :fool:  

If only, but budgetary limits restrain me, my additional entries will come from cheaper kit, anyway here is 4 of my previous phantom builds (can just make out a couple of my large collection of diecast phantoms) there is a fifth that I forgot to add to the photo and a sixth that no longer exists due to damage if can get the links from my old Flickr account I’ll share both, not had luck with phantoms as there were several more that never made it to completion 

48150963402_b8af345816_b.jpg

• Like 7

Build will be part of a long running effort to have UK based F-4, tried twice and lost both builds for very different reasons. Anyway these are my choices, though the paint matching rules out the greenier options and the red tailed lakenheath one decals were on one of the builds lost and also photod the airfix FG1 

48178494237_cd0c07ec8d_b.jpg

48178421261_e429077503_b.jpg

48178971601_57bd81821e_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

entered a supersabre in the shark mouth Gb, which will be painted in identical colours so will let that’s catch up  

nodnodnod  I do exactly the same thing!  :thumbsup:

Despite the heat got some sanding and painting done, different shades on both models as the sabre used non federal standard paints, will see if I get the green tommorow going to be hotter in the afternoon and the morning going puppy visiting  

48367440756_5fbf088139_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

Damn Stu, you and you luck w/ canopies..... :(

Glad you had a spare.  I've got to try to track down one for my Canberra PR.9.  Kit was missing it all together.  Box was still factory sealed, but was purchased second-hand from a model show so I'm kinda on my own to track one down.  I've looked a little, but haven't spent too much time on it yet.

2 hours ago, helios16v said:

Damn Stu, you and you luck w/ canopies..... :(

Glad you had a spare.  I've got to try to track down one for my Canberra PR.9.  Kit was missing it all together.  Box was still factory sealed, but was purchased second-hand from a model show so I'm kinda on my own to track one down.  I've looked a little, but haven't spent too much time on it yet.

I might be able to help, in theory I should have a spare matchbox canopy, I’ll have a look when I’m home edit. Nope no spare 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Still not there, got some tricky sand marks on the canopy, also finally picked the scheme, but gives me another quandary, go with a close enough colour match I’ve used before or order what should be matched paint but which will take its time to get here 

• Like 1