1/8 allsorts

hello everyone , it's been a while since i have been here

finished my  1/3 jaguar xj13 , and my 1/8 cobra ( 2x )

after that i did a 1/12 gt40 by trumpeter , and than .... nothing for a while , as we moved house , and i had to stuff everything in boxes

after the move  i got myself a 3d printer , and i have been figuring out how to work with that , drawing in 3d , modifying  3d models so i can print them , and collecting  car models in 3d ,

i have over 2000 car models  right now that i can modify and print , and i plan on printing  lots of them to build  in 1/8 scale 

at this moment i have printed  the jaguar c type , d type  porsche 917 kh , daytona coupe , broadspeed xj12c , porsche  908/3 , jaguar xj13 , jaguar xjr-9 lm , several parts for the revell 65 corvette , to build it as a gran sport

and lots more to come in the near future ,, to much models , so little time  

2a2n1f.jpg

i524v8.jpg

258ruo9.jpg

25ak8rl.jpg

iyojf8.jpg

2rmsj9t.jpg

30kpu7a.jpg

zbrj5.jpg

2ihtq82.jpg

wjhxr8.jpg

2ewpmb9.jpg

Edited by broadspeed
photo's didn't show up
  • Like 1

Wow, lots of great stuff going on! Do you print in Resin or with Filament? Would you mind sharing your sources for 3d-models? I am sure 3d-printing will be added to my toolbox in the not too distant future. And as you do I plan to go with big models, probably 1/8th. Right now I am rebuilding a house, moving will happen some time next year, I think. Then it'll be a Pocher F40 with Autograph to keep me occupied for quite some time. By then I'm sure a 3d printer will have landed at my doorstep.

Viele Grüße aus Krefeld,

Jan

thanks for the response so quickly

21 minutes ago, Schwarz-Brot said:

Wow, lots of great stuff going on! Do you print in Resin or with Filament? Would you mind sharing your sources for 3d-models? I am sure 3d-printing will be added to my toolbox in the not too distant future. And as you do I plan to go with big models, probably 1/8th. Right now I am rebuilding a house, moving will happen some time next year, I think. Then it'll be a Pocher F40 with Autograph to keep me occupied for quite some time. By then I'm sure a 3d printer will have landed at my doorstep.

Viele Grüße aus Krefeld,

Jan

you can check out my youtube page i made a month or 2 ago , it shows everything you would like to know  , https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfmsrYOH-Li86xGv5W-YYxA

i print in pla , the cheapest way to print at home , and in my opinion  resin is not worth the money , maybe a bit smoother , but it deforms even quicker than pla  and breaks very easely

and you still need to sand , sand , sand 

• Like 1

like i said , i have over 2000 models  that i can print , from the 1930's to the futuristic  prototype / concept cars ,  and the good thing is , i can print them in any scale

2hs6ikx.jpg

i did  these  real quick in 1/24 scale  🙂

• 4 weeks later...

the files are all free   found online , and easy to print yourself if you have a 3d printer ,

i am not printing them for others , because i have seen what happened , and it's never good enough , because 3d printing is never 100% perfect

but i made a youtube page , with video's of where to find the files , and how to modify them to print them yourself , or have them printed at shapeways if you do not have a printer yourself

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfmsrYOH-Li86xGv5W-YYxA