Panhard VBL

I'm sorry I missed the construction, I hope to have more time to enter the forum, and to do something myself too ...

Although it is not a tank (my comfort zone, always trying to improve it), it looks like a very cool vehicle, and the level of detail looks very high.

Your work so far is very good, although it seems that once assembled the body will not look too much inside.
Really it must be a very small vehicle ...:popcorn:

Cheers Nick 👍

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Thanks 1

@FrancisGL Hi Francis, thank you very much for your nice words. You are correct, this is a quite small vehicle. I think it must be great fun to drive it. I will leave the driver's door and one of the roof hatches open so you might see at least a little bit of the interior.

@Hamden Hi Roger, thank you very much for your patience!

Have a nice day

Nick

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody,

mojo restored and back at my workbench. This is where I left the project in September...

VBL-68.jpg

VBL-67.jpg

With only the basic colour on it rested somewhere hidden on the shelf of shame.

This is what I achieved during this weekend:

VBL_69.jpg

VBL_70.jpg

VBL_71.jpg

The camouflage is finished now. The masking of the brown areas was a pain, I knocked off one antenna, and some small parts and lost one of the front towing eyes. To avoid this problem I decided to brush paint the black areas, which turned out quite okay.

VBL_72.jpg

VBL_73.jpg

VBL_74.jpg

Next steps will be painting of the small parts, gloss coat, and decals.

Thanks for looking! Suggestions and critiques are always welcome.

Have a nice day

Nick

• Like 6

Hi everybody,

I have an update on my project. During the last days I painted the small parts, sprayed a gloss coat on the VBL, applied the decals, sprayed a matte coat and applied the small parts. The machine gun and jerry cans are dry fit. Next will be wheels, lights, washing, weathering. All doors and hatches are still dry fit, after all is done I will decide, which I want to display opened.

VBL_77.jpg

VBL_79.jpg

VBL_81.jpg

VBL_83.jpg

VBL_76.jpg

The decals are a bit of a weakpoint. The "4" sign on the front is out of register and the lower part of it isn't opaque. The signs on the side doors are out of register too and I belive that they have the wrong colour, they are way too light, you should see a white sword in the center of it...

Thanks for looking! Critiques and suggestions are always welcome.

Have a nice day

Nick

Edited by flashlight
Typo
  • Like 4

Not much to show this time, only little progress. Wheels, lights and machine gun are done. The gun is only dry fit, I'd knock it off a hundred times during the washing and weathering process.

VBL_84.jpg

VBL_85.jpg

Have a nice day

Nick

• Like 4

Hi all,

my project is nearly finished now. Weathering is done, wheels are mounted, the last detail parts are applied and antennae are done. Only some minor detail paints and touch ups left, then the Panhard will be done. You'll find it in the RFI section soon.

VBL-93.jpg

VBL-101.jpg

VBL-97.jpg

VBL-98.jpg

VBL-99.jpg

Have a nice day

Nick

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Vaastav said:

Looks lovely.

Kudos on the build.

@Vaastav Hi Vaastav, thank you very much!

13 hours ago, Hamden said:

Very nice finish, superb build and paint.

What's next?

Roger 

@Hamden Hi Roger, thank you very much indeed. Not sure yet, but I will come up soon with a new project.

Thank you both for following my build!

Have a nice day

Nick

• Like 1