Airfix Viggen

Hi guys!!

My recent built, the old Airfix Viggen, it was not an easy built. Took me lots of hard work and dedication. I wanted to make the splinter camo version but realized it was based on the early version and can be made into silver. The kit required, lot of sanding and filling, there were some gaps, and I did some minor riveting and re scribing the panel lines as it was raised one. I used mr.color silver 8 and added pinch of yellow and black for different shading or tonal of metal. I really like the way it has turned out, thanks for looking cheers.

DSC-6444.jpg

DSC-6445.jpg

DSC-6446.jpg

DSC-6447.jpg

DSC-6448.jpg

• Like 39

That's great! I remember this kit (and my slashing a single coat of Humbrol 11 Silver Fox on it (which was still a great paint then, mind you). You made it look like a modern kit!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, replicant said:

By Thors Hammer!

Prototypes are Gold! Very nice, that oldtimer, i have also build memories of that kit!    :)

Cheers,

Tom

Thank you, Tom. Really appreciate the kind words.

6 hours ago, RMCS said:

Outstanding 

Thanks, Mate

7 hours ago, ivand said:

That's great! I remember this kit (and my slashing a single coat of Humbrol 11 Silver Fox on it (which was still a great paint then, mind you). You made it look like a modern kit!

Thanks, Ivand, Yeah Humbrol 11 is a nice silver too, I used to paint with it, but I ran out of it.

11 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

The best treatment I've seen of the ancient Airfix first Viggen prototype.

Good work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thank you Joachim, for the kind words really appreciate it

14 hours ago, PLC1966 said:

That is cracking, well done.

Thanks, buddy

15 hours ago, MikeR said:

Nicely done!

Mike.

Thank you Mike.

What a blast from the past.  My (1970's) effort certainly didn't look as good as that.  You have made a cracking model from a pretty rough kit.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Brilliant job on that Tom, I could easily have believed it was the Tarangus kit, so well is it finished. :)

Steve.

Thank you, Steve, Tarangus is out of my budget last time I checked it was super expensive, maybe someday in the future.

8 hours ago, Natter said:

What a blast from the past.  My (1970's) effort certainly didn't look as good as that.  You have made a cracking model from a pretty rough kit.

If I would have made this kit earlier, it would have been a mess for sure, however, through many inputs, learning and trip and trick from this forum gave me enough confident to make the kit as it is. Thank you, Buddy.

4 hours ago, Mark4700 said:

Wow. That looks nice. I made this kit a few times over the years. Seeing this makes me want to have another go. :clap:

Thanks, Mate, please do, another viggen will look awesome, cheers

• Like 2