1/48 Kinetic RAF Harrier T.4

Hi all.

The 3rd build I'd like to show today Is Kinetic's fantastic Harrier twoseater.

I added extra rivets and used Eduard's Big Ed photo-etch set for this build.

Also'some scratch building was done to the cockpit and canopy.

As usual, Gunze Aquous paints were used over Alclad black primer.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thank you for watching.

If interested, you can visit my Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/René-van-der-Hart-Scale-Models-250725525692334/

• Like 65

Outstanding!!! Such a fabulous model, brilliantly painted.

I have this kit in my stash, yours is what I'm aiming for when I get round to building it. Any issues to be aware of?

Thank you. From what I remember, There were no issues to speak off. The fit is very good and the surface detail is much sharper than previous Kinetic kits. Also, the cockpit is very well detailed.

• Like 1

That's an absolute beauty! I really like the way the green/grey scheme brings out the detail and along with some of the gloss black versions I've seen had made it really difficult for me to decide on the scheme for my own build until Kinetic announced the forthcoming release of their GR.1/3 kit which will allow me to save the green/gray for them. Fantastic work and thanks for sharing!

• Thanks 1

Simply stunning work. I've looked through your Facebook page and it's all mind blowing stuff.

Would it be ok to share which Gunze paints you used on your Harrier? They look absolutely perfect to me.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Filler said:

Simply stunning work. I've looked through your Facebook page and it's all mind blowing stuff.

Would it be ok to share which Gunze paints you used on your Harrier? They look absolutely perfect to me.

Thank you very much for your nice comments.

I used H330 and H331. Adding a few drops of white to the grey paint and white and yellow to the green, I made several lighter shades to vary the paintjob slightly.

Edited by HartDeco
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HartDeco said:

Thank you very much for your nice comments.

I used H330 and H331. Adding a few drops of white to the grey paint and white and yellow to the green, I made several lighter sheds to vary the paintjob slightly.

Thanks very much for sharing that information. That will be very helpful to me when I start the not so great Airfix GR3 kit I have.

• Like 1