1/48 Accurate Miniatures Vindicator

Hi all.

This is my second build I'd like to show you today. It's the 1/48 Accurate Miniatures Vindicator.

The kit is quite well detailed for the scale but has a couple of snall sinkholes on the rear fuselage that are a bit tricky to fill without damaging the surface detail.

The kit was built straight from the box and Alclad metal paints were used over a black primer from the same brand. The yellow and green parts were airbrushed with Gunze Aquous paints over a grey primer. The kit decals were used and setteled down pretty good, with the help of some setting solution.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thank you for watching.

If you are interested, you can visit my Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/René-van-der-Hart-Scale-Models-250725525692334/

• Like 45
  • Thanks 1

Hallo René,

Een prachtig model  !

Years ago I build a Vindicator in vacuform of "Wings"in 1/48. There was nothing else,  I still have it in my collection.  But when I see your model, yes we made progress.....:-))

Great work, thumbs up.

Greetings,

JohnHaa   

• Thanks 1

That is a superbly built example. I really like that a lot! I built a Special Hobby 1/72 Vindicator a year or so ago, but I must say in 1/48 it looks so much better!

20180227_171035 20180227_171126

Thanks for sharing

Terry

• Like 1

Several years ago (1989) I attempted in 1/48 to build each and every plane on the USS Enterprise as depicted in the 1939 Life article in full color. I assembled the TBD, Curtiss Seagull, early F4F, Vindicator, SBC-3 Helldiver and SBD. It took me ten months to sand off the raised lines from the TBD, add a new interior, drop the flaps, and I finally gave up. This kit has definately re-kindled my interest in the long-shelved project. 

Edited by 28ZComeback
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1