D.H. Hornet F.3 F239

orckawolf

Hello.

Finding this GB gave me the push to take some rust of me, and an opportunity the reduce stash...

Although I'm not a FROG fan, I dug my memory and found  out that I've actually built three FROG's in the past decade, and have two more in my stash.

So, here is one of them - one of my favourite aircraft - D.H. Hornet F.3.

It saw better days, but all the plastic is there, but I'm afraid the decals are off register. I've put them on a window to have a few days sun bathing, hopefully it will help.

I'll build it OOB, no add on, wheels up on the supplied stand.

(I love the aroma of this old paper).

raHLxpm.jpg

This is how it looks now. To my surprise, looking at reference pictures, the cockpit is black.

7TCOb27.jpg

• Like 9

Always great to see a new member jump onboard a group build with a popular subject. This will be the 4th Frog Hornet being built here which highlights the popularity of this aircraft. We all wish you the best.. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

Probably got decals if yours can't be restored to life - depends on which scheme you will be using. Send me a PM if you are interested and we can talk it through.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

The children went for a few days to my parents, so I had some bench time with the Mrs. - she told me something about her job, and I was deeply concentrated with the Hornet.

I've used perfect plastic putty where needed (I love this stuff!), and drilled the hole for the stand that comes in the kit. I prefer planes flying than resting....

OWCjxin.jpg

O5pf4nV.jpg

Sorry for the phone quality pictures.

• Like 7

This Hornet is looking great and nice to know you were able to offload the kids and do some modelling with the missus. Wheels up or down, the Hornet is such a lovely aircraft. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Black Vallejo primer as a base foe silver. Dark beer to cool down.

Somehow I forgot there is a canopy, so now I'm masking it - the most hated process for me. Sausage farmer fingers aren't suited for this delicate job!

EzWozpA.jpg

Edited by orckawolf
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, orckawolf said:

Somehow I forgot there is a canopy, so now I'm masking it - the most hated process for me.

Look on the bright side; yiu're not masking the Whitley 'greenhouse'.😉 

I still have a FROG Hornet in my display cabinet, wearing the kit's 41 Squadron markings and I'm looking forward to seeing yours finished, whatever colour scheme you choose.👍

Edited by stever219
Amnesia
  • Like 1

Just catching up on some belated threads, so it's great seeing this Hornet all assembled and primed. A nice cool ale is always a good excuse when certain modelling milestones are reached. 

Cheers.. Dave