ZM 1/32 Mustang

pacificmustang

the wheelwells are built up from ribs attached to the rear spar and the bay looks quite busy when done.  Again, painted in AK real colour zinc chromate yellow, washed with AK dark wash and dry brushed with vallejo ice yellow

wheelwell

the separate leading edges follow panel lines and fit quite well.

wing LE

Of course you can't have panel lines on a mustang wing, so all the panel lines were slathered with tamiya putty

puttied wing

and then rubbed down to replicate how the real wings were finished.

Whilst I had the putty out, the gap between the fuselage and empennage was tidied up. In removing a seam on the stabiliser fillet I sanded off some of the screws, so these were replaced using thin slices of plastic rod

tail fillet

a little overscale but will look OK once painted Im hoping.

The wing fillet come as separate parts

tail fillet-2

I was left with a slight gap between the two parts on one side, but can clean this up

tail fillet-3

Thanks for continuing to tune in.  I need to get the skates on as September approaches !

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

really having to push it along now to finish by the deadline

Here's the completed airframe ready for priming

completed airframe ocean grey on

I used white tac to delineate the camouflage, ready to paint the dark green

white tac

and here she is with the dark green down, again by Mr Paint.

camouflage on

ZM and the freightdog decal sheet for this machine call out US colours, but I decided to go with RAF colours, as thanks to information from fellow Britmodeller, @Work In Progress I learnt it was painted at a RAF MU in Italy.  My thinking was, the MU would have painted a RAF machine destined for a SQN in RAF colours

• Like 7

There’s no way I’m going to finish this by the 1st as I’m heading away for work tomorrow for 8 days, but work progresses 

decals are on. The sharks mouth and serials annoyingly had a registration issue leaving a thin white outline. I’ll use a thin black pen to eradicate this.

48629305816_274232fc59_b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1