Magna Hawker Henley Target Tug TT-111

Pat,

I am impressed! The only one I have seen built, with the exception of an Alan Hall conversion eons ago! I agree with the comments of the others- you are to be commended for your determination and bravery! From the look of the box contents, it almost looks like it would have been easier to get a block of balsa and carve away everything that didn't look like a Henley! Well done!

Mike 

• Thanks 1

Hi Pat

great piece of work on a challenging kit.

One small point, 

48026937502_f956a085f8_b.jpg

The RAF has strict rules about paint in control surfaces,  dating back to 43 Sq with Hawker Fury's having check on the elevators, and continual retouching of the paint eventually cause balance problems, 

so you do not see roundels overlapping onto ailerons.   Not much use now, but for future reference. 

There is actually a formula for upper wing roundel placement, centre of roundel, 1/3rd of wing span from wing tip, span measured from centre line . 

if you have a look at the drawings in the ducimus camouflage and markings booklets, scanned here, you s#can see example of this

https://boxartden.com/reference/gallery/index.php/Modeling-References/Camoflage-Markings

for example,  Hurricane wing span 40 foot, = 480 inches, from centre line, 240 inches, so roundel centre should 80 inches in from the tip

note distance shown on left wing./ IIRC there should be a 2 inch gap between roundel and trailing edge or control surface break, and also from wing leading edge

Hawker%20Hurricane%20Camo%20&%20Marks_Pa

this maybe of interest, the wing at the front is the largest surviving chunk of a Henley, the outer wing panel, at 

Norfolk & Suffolk Aviation Museum Flixton

5472141142_7bef80569a_b.jpg

hope of interest and/or use

Great to see a Henley finished,  :goodjob:

I have a Formaplane vac which I was given many years ago....

cheers

T

• Like 3

On 25/06/2019 at 19:48, Greg Law said:

One of your best Pat. You have made a fantastic job of it and being a resin kit makes even more impressive. Well done.

Thanks very much Greg

I am really pleased with how it came out, I still have much to learn with resin but, just need to decide on the next resin kit now !

Cheers Pat

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/06/2019 at 19:48, Greg Law said:

One of your best Pat. You have made a fantastic job of it and being a resin kit makes even more impressive. Well done.

Many thanks mate, really appreciated 

Cheers Pat