I need advice guys

Deano353

I'll check the link and shop at Newtonabbey out. Never used resin before so I'm hoping not to screw it up. I need to ask aswell, I have balsa wood to use for the frame to pour the resin into so I can make the river Im going to section off the area with the mustang. Is this a good material to use or should I use plastic and also do I need to coat this with anything so the resin separates from the wood?

The balsa will soak up the resin like an Orangeman and his beer this coming weekend [no offence intended  :D ]

Not only will the resin soak in but it can soak through the balsa. Resin and balsa will become one solid mass once the resin has set.

Use the balsa as a frame/box but line it with a plastic bag - remember those? you can get a few light weight ones free in a Tesco in the fruit & veggie section

• Like 1

On 02/07/2019 at 22:15, Deano353 said:

This is the hut, my first time trying to make plastic look like this. Also any constructive criticism for this so far would be appreciated as well.spacer.png

Did you make that? 

As in, make that make that? 

Looks fantastic. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deano353 said:

It's an Airfix 1/32nd bamboo hut, seems like an ancient kit so no I can't take credit lol, I just painted it.

Ah lol

Still mate. Looks superb.

Great paint job. The tones are bang on imo

Cheers man I have never really painted anything that wasn't a fighter jet or ship or the odd helicopter or tank. This is outside my comfort zone, my stash is literally all jets. So far I'm happy with the turn out.

• Like 2

So I have managed to start the trees after looking at what has been shown to me on here and what I think I am capable of making I have decided on a way. I got wood and airndrying clay and I will use paper for the palm leaves. I have also managed to get the resin to set. It required a wax release agent, I did not have one so I assumed a bar of soap rubbed against the plastic would work and it actually did! No issues once the resin set it came off the plastic walls no worries.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1