1/72 - Rockwell-MBB X-31 by Modelsvit ?

Homebee

There is a Sharkit resin kit of this https://www.sharkit.com/sharkit/X-31/X-31.htm. I am not familiar with either of these companies. Any one who is care to compare and contrast them as far as quality on their past efforts? The Sharkit kit is running about $60 (54 euros) which is kind of steep   

10 hours ago, hsr said:

There is a Sharkit resin kit of this https://www.sharkit.com/sharkit/X-31/X-31.htm. I am not familiar with either of these companies. Any one who is care to compare and contrast them as far as quality on their past efforts? The Sharkit kit is running about $60 (54 euros) which is kind of steep   

Sharkit has a generally good reputation as cottage industry resin kit manufacturers go. I suspect they aren't well known due to the obscurity of most of their subject matter and the relatively high cost of their kits (albeit of good value for the quality and rare subjects). 

Modelsvit is a comparative newcomer but also has a strong reputation for doing quality kits of neglected - if not always esoteric - subjects.  Their kits are limited-run injection, so not "Tamiyagawa" level of detail/ease of construction, but by all reports to a very high standard.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, hsr said:

There is a Sharkit resin kit of this https://www.sharkit.com/sharkit/X-31/X-31.htm. I am not familiar with either of these companies.

Also was from "On Target Models"

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/on-target-models-2000-rockwell-mbb-x-31--158247

Probably on this models I reading shortly review in Russian magazine "Modelist-Konstruktor". Why "probably"? I remembered review, but I don't remember name manufacturer, because X-31 no fighter, it's experimental aircraft no interesting for my.

🤗

But from the review I remember that this model has not high marks.

10 hours ago, CT7567 said:

Modelsvit is a comparative newcomer but also has a strong reputation for doing quality kits of neglected - if not always esoteric - subjects.  Their kits are limited-run injection, so not "Tamiyagawa" level of detail/ease of construction, but by all reports to a very high standard.

Modelsvit look good  in boxes.

When you start to delve into the details, defects begin to arise.  And sometimes they are quite ridiculous.

As an example, the air brakes of the I-320 have the same relief from the inside. No left & wrigh, so relief one air brakes of the I-320 you need scratchbuilding if you need opened air brakes!

In addition, they have on some models a displacement of castings and in round parts, which is quite critical, and requires a strong effort to correct.

Of course, this applies only to those models that I started to build & which is in my collection.

On the subject of interest to me, I still can not say anything about I-75, MiG-21F-13, VJ-101, HA-300, T-10, Su-17M3, Mirage III E.

B.R.

Serge

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

Modelsvit look good  in boxes.

That is true of so many kits. It is why inbox reviews are sometimes less then useful.

6 minutes ago, hsr said:

That is true of so many kits.

Absolutely!

6 minutes ago, hsr said:

It is why inbox reviews are sometimes less then useful

Especially when in these reviews the emphasis is on the size of the box in millimeters and the density of the paper box, as in some Modelsvit inbox reviews ! 😁😁😁

But it should be noted that the Modellesvit models were qualitatively and technologically very advanced from the first models to the last

models type Mirage III , as examples.

Probably Mirage III, on this time have top of quality Modelsvit. Will the level of the X-31 such as the Mirage III  will see, but there is always the likelihood that as an experimental aircraft X-31 will be of the same quality as the aircraft VJ-101 or HA-300 e.t.c.  But this is a lower level of quality than the Mirage III.

Should I make a claim to Modelsvit in this case?

I think no!  Because, in my opinion, the release of the X-31 with quality like the Mirage III carries more costs and, accordingly, the X-31 will be more risky in terms of the payback period of the X-31 project.

B.R.

Serge

• Thanks 1