As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

3DStewart

Cosford Model Show, Sunday 5th April 2020. NOW CANCELLED

Yes, it's on next year!

A committee has been formed and the RAF Museum is booked.  Full details to follow, but this popular show will be running again next year.  Expect some minor evolution, but it will be much the same as previous years.

Stewart

Edited by 3DStewart

Hooray. Good luck to the commitee.

Excellent news.... If I only did three shows a year, they would be Cosford, Milton Keynes and Telford (obvs!).

I wish the commitee all the best in sorting out next year's show. 

Chris. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.

All congrats and best wishes seconded. I missed Cosford this year, due to a long previously booked concert, and I confess to a feeling of melancholia when I saw the possibility that it would have been the last one.

The 5th April is now so firmly embedded in my mind!

Great news, I'll be there bright(ish) and early

Cheers

Dennis

I'll probably have to get the train, best I can get there for is just after 10

Missed the 2019 one and didn't know it could have been the last, any particular reason why

On 1/11/2020 at 9:30 PM, colin said:

Missed the 2019 one and didn't know it could have been the last, any particular reason why

There was an incorrect rumour that because the chief event organiser was relocating elsewhere in the UK the show wouldn't happen.  It's false.

As a member of IPMS Telford/Shropshire Scale Modellers I can assure you it will be happening on the 5th April.  Here are the current details of the Cosford 2020 model show.

This is one of my club's favourite shows, we'll be there as usual!

Here's some more info I've been asked by the committee to make known.

Booking of traders is going well and number attending will be similar to last year.

Booking of clubs is also going well. Those with confirmed bookings are displayed on the show website. If your club isn't listed and you think it should then get your secretary to make contact really quickly!

The museum will soon be changing its car parking charge to £5 per day, regardless of duration.  Free parking is available about 10 - 15 mins walk away at Cosford station and we will also be providing a free shuttle bus between the museum and the station.

We look forward to welcoming old and new visitors to one of the best shows in the Midlands.

Ah good so I won't have to navigate my way to the museum on foot from the station. But the trains on a Sunday are atrocious so who knows what time I'll get there... But free entry into the show itself is always good

Edited by Adam Poultney

Only just learned of this through the For Sale section of BM. Glad i did! surely will attend.........even if i REALLY shouldn't be buying any more models for the time being!

News just in. Airfix have confirmed that they will have a trade stand at our show.

Posted (edited)

Looks like this is cancelled. Very disappointed...

Edited by Adam Poultney

COUGH COUGH splutter , what's been cancelled ? Where is the info.

10 minutes ago, KITCAT said:

COUGH COUGH splutter , what's been cancelled ? Where is the info.

95518f170e7e509b49ed90f9755e24dd.jpg

It feels like the world has gone into a media fuelled panic...

Awful news but thanks Adam

I cannot see the info that you have put up there Adam as I am at work, but there is nought on the web site and as an exhibitor I have had no info saying that it is cancelled. So far.

7 minutes ago, Jabba said:

I cannot see the info that you have put up there Adam as I am at work, but there is nought on the web site and as an exhibitor I have had no info saying that it is cancelled. So far.

I have searched the ipms Bolton page and have nothing re the show or Mike Balwin

Apparently it's awaiting official announcement but I'm hoping my information is inaccurate

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED said:

This is official as a trader standing at RAF Cosford Model Show we have been informed, the show is cancelled

Disappointing...

Seems I won't be getting to any shows for a while at the one in Hinckley (very local to me) was cancelled ages ago as well. I think Telford is the next one I can get to...

Edited by Adam Poultney

From Tiger Hobbies

From a Business point of view possible a wise move on part of the club, as if this was paid and pulled it could finish them off, as it may be difficult to get their money back.

This is from the Club

Good Morning,

We are very sorry to have to inform you that we have decided to cancel the Shropshire Model Show, due to be held at the RAF Museum, Cosford on the 5th April.  We feel that the growing seriousness of the Covid outbreak is making a situation where the government will be forced to close down large public gatherings more lightly by the day. 

We have therefore decided that cancelling now, prior to us making large payments, will enable us to keep the club in a financial position that will allow us to continue in existence. In addition, by doing this, we will be able to refund the payments that have been made by traders.

Given the circumstances at present a wise move.