Boeing Model 40C, scratch, 1/48

Dear modellers,

Sometimes you find a video on the internet and you think, that wonderful !

I know it sounds like a fairytale.

Fortunately the video is still to find on You Tube;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQLDzJ4qgUg&t=21s

As far as I knew, there was, and still is, no model- kit in 1/48, so I thought give it a try and build it

from scratch.

And after many years flying in my show-case it still in good condition.

I hope you enjoy the recent photographs !

Kind greetings,

JohnHaa

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 38
  • Thanks 3

Amazing work again John. I always fancied the Model 40 and you absolutely did it justice.

As a 72nd scale modeller I have been looking at the 1:72 resin kit but thought that was way too expensive...

Peter

Excellent result! 

For some of BM users it could be interesting, that after civilian services in US mostly as mail machines some Boeings 40 were exported to Latin America and served in army of Honduras or Peru in time of WWII...

84_1.png

42_1.png

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

Now that's my kind of subject and you did it justice !   I see you have faithfully copied the restored aircraft, which was presumably your intention as it has quite a few differences compared to the 1920s original.

John, I enjoyed the pics of your fabulous model and the great video as well.  You sir, are a master craftsman and scale modeler par excellence! :worthy:

Are there any classic aircraft that you would not scratch-build?   Do you have an idea as to how long this Boeing took to build?  Thanks, Gary.

Dear Folks, 

Thanks for you kind reactions and comments !  

For Roger, you are right, I did just this restored plane,  cause by this way, with the videos and photographs,  I had good info for all those tiny details. 😉

And for Gary, I don't remember exactly, but a model like this it takes me roughly a month to build, And that are many houres in the evenings and the weekends.....thats modelling  ...:-)  

Of course, there are plenty models  I would like to build, particulary the planes with compound round fuselages with fabric covering.

I have still to figure out how to build such fuselages and I am not the only one, reading in this forum about that beautiful Fairey Long Range plane.  I am working out some ideas.

With kind greetings,

JohnHaa

• Like 2