Revell 1/48 Grumman A6-E TRAM Intruder VM-85 "Libya Raider"

2 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Nicely done Gary. Not sure how this one slipped past me, because it is one of my favorite US modern aircraft.

Thanks Greg!   I think they're pretty cool too. I sure appreciate the comment my friend! :worthy:

Excellent. Lovely paint job and very nicely executed weathering effects - nicely understated and very authentic and to-scale looking to my eye.

Models always look better photographed in natural light - this looks terrific! Is there a polarising filter on the camera?

ATB
Rick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spad said:

Excellent. Lovely paint job and very nicely executed weathering effects - nicely understated and very authentic and to-scale looking to my eye.

Models always look better photographed in natural light - this looks terrific! Is there a polarising filter on the camera?

ATB
Rick

Thanks so much Rick! :worthy:

I think it's my best airplane model.   No, there was no filter used.  Just a Canon SX160 "point and shoot".  😀

• 7 months later...
5 hours ago, jhutchi said:

That's excellent. I was scrolling through the first pictures waiting for your model to appear instead of the actual aircraft 😂

What a nice comment jhutchi! 🍻  Thanks for that sir; very kind of you.   It turned out a fair "four footer" I think! 😀

• 2 months later...

Hi Gary,

thats really perfect! I love your real light outdoor photography! It‘s amazing! Texas sun light seems to be the best! 👍😄😄🤩🤩

all the best 

Andy 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

Hi Gary,

thats really perfect! I love your real light outdoor photography! It‘s amazing! Texas sun light seems to be the best! 👍😄😄🤩🤩

all the best 

Andy 

Thanks Andy! 🍺  Yeah, I think they always look better when photographed outside in the natural light.   And the airport setting helps too of course.   Best to you Andy! Gary 

50 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Very well done. The weathering is excellent.

Thanks so much SAT69! 🥃  I think I stopped the weathering just in time; easy to get carried away sometimes too.  Cheers! 

Thanks also for the recent likes for this A-6!  I really appreciate the interest in her and thank you for the encouragement and support.    With a little luck, and a fightin' chance, I should be hauling a new model out to the airport soon.   Progress is continuing on my F-84E and I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel now.   (With my luck, that light will turn out to be the headlight of an oncoming train! 😉)  😃

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

I must have been haymaking to have missed this one, superb!

You know the old saying Peter, "you have to make hay while the sun is shining!"   You're a busy man!   Thank you sincerely for the compliment!  🍷

2 hours ago, Remus389 said:

It looks like it's gonna take off at any moment. 😎

Thanks Remus!   Great comment!  :D  :clap2: