Boeing 737-400 Wild Alaska Seafood - 1:144 Eastern Express / Skyline

The original kit is made by Eastern Express, from which I only used the decals. The plastic is from Daco / Skyline. The pitot tubes are made of PE parts, also from Daco.

To test the decals, I cut the left side into four parts to minimize Problems, which was a good idea. They behaved well, so on the other side, I only cut away the small part underneath the fuselage.

spacer.png

Edited by NorbertBu
  • Like 12

The N792AS was marked this way from 01.10. 2005 up to the end of 2010. The eyebrow Windows were removed around the end of 2008. So the model depicts the Aircraft between 2005 and 2008.

The numbers above the Cockpit had to be added using spares. The Cockpit window decals are from Pas-Decals.spacer.png

Norbert

• Like 12

Hi Norbert,

Beautiful!

A very eye-catching colour scheme, this is the first model I've seen in this livery, I thought the decals were only available from Brasil/Gio/Alexander.

I'm glad you were able to apply the large Salmon decal without any problems these big decals can sometimes be difficult.

The Daco model is a great kit which captures the Boeing nose really well although I've never actually finished any of mine as -3/4/500s having converted them all to -200s.

Thanks for sharing! What's next off your bench?

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian,

glad you like it. I don`t remember who produced the first set of decals I bought, but I am sure it was not Gio. 

I bought the (also new) kit of the -200 from Eastern Express in Pan Am Livery, so I think, I will start that one. 

Or finish the 757 (Authentic Airliner) or Viscount (several) or work on the almost finished 777 JAS in 1/200. 

Or F-4s in 72 scale. My field of interest is big, which can be distracting….

cheers,

Norbert

Edited by NorbertBu

Excellent model Norbert, thanks for sharing. When I saw the thread title I thought for a moment that you had built the Eastern Express kit but as soon as I saw the photos I recognised the Daco one instead. Like Ian I'm a great fan of the Daco kit. My most recently finished one was a -400 in the Boeing 737 Group Build last year and I have a -300 about to start.

Did you use an Authentic Airliners cockpit decal? One of the photos hints at some detail.

Looking forward to your next RFI airliner.

Dave G

• Like 1

Very nice job, indeed, Norbert! I have always liked the Salmon Thirty Salmon, and you have captured her well. I particularly am drawn to the fact that you assembled her as an "historic" model, with eyebrow windows still intact. Its a disappointment that those were removed by Boeing in the 737's later versions...they lent a certain personality to the airplane, despite being considered useless in the day of TCAS and advanced RADAR. A model well built! Love the DACO, too...I have one, as yet unbuilt...someday! Thanks for sharing. By the way...can one really be distracted by an F-4??!!?? 😉

Thank You all for the nice comments!

The nickname "Salmon Thirty salmon" was unknown to me before, Were does it come from? What is the Story behind that Name?

(by the way...if one of you native english Speakers discover some clumsy german english Grammar construction, please let me know. I am Always trying to improve my english!) Some capital letters are thrown in by the writing Programme.....

Edited by NorbertBu
typo...

That is very nice, makes a change from all the modern logojet schemes. . Good work with that large decal, sectioning it really seems to have worked well.

Cheers

John