RAN Fairey Gannet AS.1

Ahoy Shipmates.

Time to start another WIP thread that will no doubt fall victim to my goldfish like attention span. (Cant be any worse than the 3 year Firebox build!)

Classic Airframe's Fairey Gannet from a few years ago.

ecmnLIh.jpg

Not a great fan of CA kits but I'll give it a shot.

Front office was done with a few changes, most of whats in the real one has been included except for the hydraulic tank and a few bits n bobs i the centre office.

I'll add those later.

GkjugJJ.jpg

SCVAnUt.jpg

0rsR2K2.jpg

F311ZqD.jpg

Down the back its a different story. One of the reasons why I don't like CA kits is the way some things are done to perfection and other look like they couldn't be bothered.

The front cockpits are very well done however the rear looks like a Gannet office if you squint at it on a moonless light while looking the other way.

Out comes the card box

zbZCa1F.jpg

4Cp6Yui.jpg

Still yet to decide if it will be XA.434 from my RANFAA Museum days or XA.334 "Miranda" that lives in the shed at CMA.

• Like 8

You hear there

As this is an RAN build Australian beers will be available only.

Please make your way to the "Wets" in an orderly manner

That is all.

🇦🇺

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, limeypilot said:

As long as it's proper Aussie beer, and none of your Fosters or Castlemaine XXXX that's fine!

Ian

I did say Australian Beer, there was no mention of the above mentioned lizard / cats urine.

6 hours ago, limeypilot said:

As long as it's proper Aussie beer, and none of your Fosters or Castlemaine XXXX that's fine!

Coopers Sparkling Ale is the best followed by Coopers with the green label ( I don't know what they call the green label one).  James Boags is OK

I just googled fosters and it still exists, I thought it disappeared.  No one I know drinks it

• Like 2

Excellent! I will follow your build and will be taking notes... 

I've been looking for this kit for years and it's starting to be a bit rare. Now and then a kit is up for sale at Ebay, but the prices are ridiculous! 

A couple of weeks ago I finally found and bought one at Tradera, a Swedish web auction site. It was very cheap and I'm very excited about this one. 🙂 

I'm a big fan of Classic Airframes. I know that they are usuallly a pain to put together and these kits often are lackning in accuracy. But I still love them. The Gannet is my Classic Airframes kit number 20 in my stash! 🙂 

So... I'm definatly going to look forward to this build... 

Regards 

Andreas 

• Like 2

Ask permission to step aboard Sir !!

"Bosun Whistling"

The band start playing Anchors aweigh because they are glad that I bring on some rocket fuel :evil_laugh:

Good Project My dear !!

I've a 1/48 Gannet from Dynavector...

CC

• Like 1