Need some AC-47 gunship info

rs2man

I've just done a trade to acquire an Esci AC-47 gunship .  I was looking through the instructions last night & found that Esci suggest a light grey for the entire interior .  Can anyone give me any confirmation that this is correct ?  Were the interiors of these aircraft repainted ?  I would have expected them to still be in WW2-era interior green , but I know pretty much nothing about the aircraft so I may well be wrong . 

All comments & suggestions would be greatly appreciated .

John Green

Nantwich , Cheshire

I have a book on Vietnam and there are three C-47s shown in colour, none are AC specifically but they are green inside, two are Loa aircraft. The one AC picture is black and white and it looks green in the door. It could've been grey on a particular one. Maybe try watching some videos of the Vietnam war since the motion film was colour.

On one of the airshows last year there was a replica of AC-47. The guys were swearing that they replicated it as close as possible. Majority of the interrior was green with the exception of the floor and pilots area which were grey. I'll post some pictures I took there once I'll be back home.

Here are the photos I took of AC-47 replica. Funny thing though is that guys who maintain this bird said that the C-47 that they "converted" to Spooky was part of the D-Day invasion. 

I3pscxm.jpg

uULr4ld.jpg

zcLB5pe.jpg

kGmmbZk.jpg

5JWb2vR.jpg

alIqFBO.jpg

PS: Ignore radio and GPS in the cockpit :) 

Edited by Doom3r