Canadian deHavilland Mosquito in USAAF Service

Jackson Duvalier

15 hours ago, Jackson Duvalier said:

Before I get too carried away with detailing, does anyone know whether F-8 Mosquitoes generally retained British-pattern radio equipment?  The seats and communication gear are going to be the most visible interior bits so I'm focusing on those.

Edited to note that the DH98 in possession of the USAF museum has US harnesses, another mystery here.  Of course the pilot's armor plate blocks the view of the radio bits in the 360-degree cockpit tour.

Hi   

Found time to browse my canadian mossie AP, but it is for a B.XX

radio quoted is a ARI 5083 and a RA-10DB fitted behind the seats 

P.S. 

found a sketch in the manual PM me your e-mail and i will send a photo of it, as i am unable to post it here 

cheers

jerry

Edited by brewerjerry
  • Like 1

I feel quite foolish.  Upon review of the Fundekals instructions, it is clearly stated that the airframe I'm modeling had American radio gear installed at Wright Field (although it doesn't mention precisely which gear).  I can only presume they took the opportunity to switch over to US-style harnesses at this refit as well.   Off to the parts bin to see if I can source a period appropriate radio set.

In the link I oosted earlier photo #49 shows an F-8 at Niagara Falls. The caption reads, "First stop for F-8 Mosquitos from Downsview was the Bell Aircraft Modification Center in Niagara Falls, New York, for installation of photo reconnaissance cameras." So, possibly they had other US spec equipment installed there as well.