Monogram Pro Modeller F-117A Nighthawk 1/48

Well here goes guys and gals.  This is my first build blog, so not sure how well it is going to go

I have a severe sight impairment, so I am not professing to be a master builder by any means, but i thought I would give it a try

I am attempting the Monogram Pro Modeller f-117A Nighthavk kit which has been sat on my shelf for a year or so nowspacer.png

I believe there are still a few of the kits about on ebay

So here goes......

Edited by Steve Vince
  • Like 8

I got a bit of a head start before deciding I was going to do this blog, so here are some pictures of the finished seat and cockpit

spacer.png

A couple of PE buckles and some masking tape were used to finish the seat belts off

The rest of the cockpit is straight out of the box, switches panels painted dark grey then dry brushed with light grey, the displays were painted in transparent green then a coat of Johnsons clear

spacer.png

And finally with the seat in place

spacer.png

A dark oil wash was used in cockpit before a final matt finish was applied

Edited by Steve Vince
  • Like 11

I wish you to enjoy building this kit but be careful ; the monogram kit is representing the early/prototype version of the Nighthawk.

So it is not accurate to make a late or operational aircraft.

I painted mine with the 3 tones experimental camo (you can find few pictures on the net with not so good quality unfortunately)

A bit more progress, Front wheel well and bomb bay  done today

spacer.pngspacer.png

and after some weathering

spacer.pngspacer.png

Bomb racks next, then on to the wings.  Already see fit issues with them ☹️😑😑

• Like 2

On 6/20/2019 at 9:10 PM, frelon94 said:

I wish you to enjoy building this kit but be careful ; the monogram kit is representing the early/prototype version of the Nighthawk.

So it is not accurate to make a late or operational aircraft.

I painted mine with the 3 tones experimental camo (you can find few pictures on the net with not so good quality unfortunately)

Can you give proof to that?

I always had the impression that boxing of the Revell kit actually represents a proper operational aiframe.

From which exact features would you derive that this kit doesn't represent a normal operational aircraft?

A couple of more updates

The missicle crriages are built and installed

spacer.pngspacer.png

Below you can see the fitting issues with the wings...both were as bad

spacer.png

Built the Paweway bombs that came with the kit

spacer.pngspacer.png

They really are pants, so bit the bullet and have invested in Eduard Brassins resin set.  Just waiting for them to arrive along with the paint masks

You can see below that the entire wing lengths needed filling.  Not shown was that there were gaps in the leading edges of one of the wings that also needed some filling.

spacer.png

(These are not th Eduard bombs)

Off on my hollies for a week, so more when I get back

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 17:23, bushande said:

Can you give proof to that?

I always had the impression that boxing of the Revell kit actually represents a proper operational aiframe.

From which exact features would you derive that this kit doesn't represent a normal operational aircraft?

I know that landing gears and wheels are not he same on the early version (that I called prototype) of the F-117.

And I've never talked about the Revell kit but the Monogram one 🙂

• 10 months later...

Cant beleive its been such a long time since starting this model and my last post here

Lockdown has given time to do some more work on this model. So here are the latest pics

the tail has mow been fitted not too much filling and sanding to get it to look half decent

spacer.png

A small amount of photoetched parts were supplied with the kit so have fitted them

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As i said in a previous post, the included weaponry was a bit naff

spacer.png

Here you can see the difference between the original and the Eduard Brassin Resin ones

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Steve Vince said:

As i said in a previous post, the included weaponry was a bit naff

Here you can see the difference between the original and the Eduard Brassin Resin ones

spacer.png

hmm, not sure, but those bombs are GBU-11 s as it seems.... never seen them on a F-117 before!

I think they use the GBU-27, or maybe GBU-10 that is  included in the kit itself and does not look that bad at all.