Frog and Revell TA-152's****Finished********

stevej60

1 minute ago, stevej60 said:

I reckon I can get her ready for paint by days end!

I've got my money on that too! 

But before you do, please update the P-47 post with some good quality pics. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Just over an hour Dave!

20190624_150258

Stakanov, eat your heart out!!! Stevanov is here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi  folks I may be hitting a brick wall here but not giving up yet,I did two coats of the light green and brown violet which went well as did the dark green

on the nose.Then the problems arrived as twice I have re-painted the fuselage sides as the airbrushed mottling was sh**e I just cant get the mix right

as I'm using Vallejo Luftwaffe colours as  I had them as opposed to Tamiya which I prefer but have to mix,it either blocked the gun and spattered or thinned was too watery.

Anyway put it down for now I'm going to try and mix Tamiya paint for the mottling.The Frog kit is primed and drying.

20190624_204452

• Like 4

Morning folks,after a frustrating day with this kit yesterday I boxed her up and decided to take a rest.After the matt coat went on the Sabre and Maryland I was left

a half hour to do something so out it came again.Now I'm prone to do stupid things and today realised why something just wasn't quite right about the colour when I

noticed after decanting a couple of vallejo bottles into glass ones I'd painted her US Olive drab not Braun violet! so re-done and looks better I think the demarcation 

is as good as I can get it in this scale I need to just tweak the blue overspray with a flat dry brush then see if I can get the "spots" right!

20190625_113341

• Like 9

Looking really good!

The demarcation line looks right, as does the hard edge of the 'power egg' up front. Some folks paint the egg with more than one colour, but much more likely that it came one-colour from the engine manufacturers.

Good luck with the spots!

Charlie

Morning folk's,the good news is the other two should be in the gallery this weekend,bad news is I just can't get a finish I'm happy with with the mottling my airbrush

(and me) just can't get that fine effect.Anyway I learnt a few things in the process so the Frog original will now be green 9 as per the Revell sheet and,well you can see

where this one is going,still exhaust staining to do and a few tweaks I'm even going to try and do the Air Min graffiti on the port fuselage,Decals are from spares

and I cut up a tail flash to make the small ones needed here.

20190626_115009

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 9

With those RAF Roundels, this model looks doubly confusing, however quite right at the same time. I think you're being a bit hard on yourself there Steve, the mottling looks fine from here and it'll all settle down with a bit of weathering and a duller clear coat. Looking forward to the Gallery snaps. 

Cheers.. Dave  

• Like 3

Hi Folks,progressing well with wheels painted and fitted, cockpit glass painted and prop and done too,some profiles show a red spinner which may be correct but

I've matched a green colour to the 9 on the Revell decal sheet,I need to fettle the fit of the glazing before fixing in place.I cut a thin sliver of Tamiya tape for the 

spiral and placed it over the spinner after a white coat of paint then overpainted the green.

20190630_201430

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 11

Hi folks, I got a little more done today on these two,brush painted the camo on the Frog original and mottling done with the airbrush using it to spray

exhaust staining along the wing root,the Revell kit has had a matt coat and a couple of quick passes with dark gray just to dirty it up a little,I'm going

to dry brush he raised detail then attempt to do the Air Min 11 graffiti with a cocktail stick.

20190702_201115

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Johnson said:

That's looking real good Steve. Have you got the Air Min number on the captured plane yet?

Charlie

Thanks Charlie,not yet I.m practicing though so won't be long🙂

Hi Folk's,lost plot time I thought yesterday was Sunday so today is the last day in the loft for the week.I thought it time to tackle that graffiti and band

on the other aircraft so the hour I got meant both done,I got as near to the photo as could and despite the old eyesight not being what it was it'll do.

Canopy on no.1 fitted and painted.

20190707_112800

• Like 10

Hi Steve,

great job on the mottling. You are becoming the airbrush Maestro!

Congrats!

JR

• Like 1

These have both turned out wonderfully well Steve. I just love the way the camera exaggerates the length of the wings on the nearest model, or perhaps that actually the way they are?

I've never really fancied adding one of these kits to my collection, however you have turned that around with these two lovely builds. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 1