N.A. RA-5C Vigilante, RVAH-5, Savage Sons, USS Ranger, 1972

A superb rendition of this impressive beast.  Great paint finish and photography, particularly that low angle shot (no.4). With a carrier deck base it would be very convincing indeed.  I've always thought the Vigilante was an incredible aircraft and surprised how relaively short its service career was.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very smart Russ.  I loved building the Trumpy '72 version and have another in the stash.  I do like seeing the bigger scale versions of the models that I build, would love to see them side by side to compare the size.  The A3 must be a real beast!!  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Booty003 said:

Very smart Russ.  I loved building the Trumpy '72 version and have another in the stash.  I do like seeing the bigger scale versions of the models that I build, would love to see them side by side to compare the size.  The A3 must be a real beast!!  🙂

Thanks Booty:  yeah it`s the latest addition to the `Too big to go anywhere but I`m having one anyway` collection in the loft, along with the Skywarrior and Sea Stallion etc. 

More fun to look at than insulation though 🙂

Cheers Russ

Hello Russ,

My highest compliments on this achievement.

Besides this all, it is our hobby. Small or big, as long as you (we) are happy with it.

I look at my wife now. She is not to happy with it (The Stash) and finished models in all their respective dust covers.

And besides that, me taking more and more  desk space in the U formed hobbyroom.

For the moment, I can hold on to my new  conquered space. But I have to emphasize "For the moment" 

The Vigilante:

It is big, but I like it. It shows the big leap forward in US designing. To my knowledge the biggest airplane in the CVW at the time.

Was never surpassed again. Must have been top notch "drivers" to get this off and on a floating airfield.

Regards, Dirk / The Netherlands.

• Thanks 1