- MIG-15 Bis - 1/32 - HPH

-My last build , the all resin 1/32 HPH model with large photo etched parts, masking tape, clear resin canopy , windscreen,and colored position lights, metal gun pitot and antena isolator added to this a small decal sheet for  a Soviet machine or a North Korean one.

-It is not an easy model to built with lack of resin causing bubbles mostly on the leading edge of the right wing, an irregular rivet engraving on the wings fin and stabilators. These rivets looks oversized on the fuselage not difficult to correct but it looks nice once painted . 

-The final result really ressemble  a MIG-15 but it not definitly for beginers. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not happy at all with my metal finish added to this I'm rather unsatisfied with what I got once installed with the wing strakes of an after market brand I thought better than the kit ones.

- You are now the  judges  knowing that I din't use any photoshop or similar device for my photos.

nmsTtF.jpg

VPEIeD.jpg

rFiBHR.jpg

0FbbQd.jpg

x7ohsp.jpg

98rQdg.jpg

Z0uMaO.jpg

- Thanks for looking.

• Like 21

28 minutes ago, 28ZComeback said:

How did you get the outstanding bare metal finish???? Did you overcoat it??  This is truly extraordinary!

MiGs aren't bare metal, they are a painted finish.

Really captures the chunky agricultural appearance of the '15.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Painted bare metal, overcoated bare metal. Silver lacquer...whateve...it caputures the metallic look of the real thing. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

- Thanks for this good new ,had I known it earlier painting should have been different and certainly less troublesome

On 6/18/2019 at 8:00 PM, 28ZComeback said:

How did you get the outstanding bare metal finish???? Did you overcoat it??  This is truly extraordinary!

- It has been a rather long process. First ,the model had been sprayed on some parts only with black matt  Alclad primer.The other parts being masked. After removing all the beast was sprayed with different shades of Alclad with a predominancy of White Aluminium. This give the finish different shades of the paint between the primed and not primed areas .A black wash applied on the whole cell removed once dry and Faber-Castell black pencil on the deeper engraving. Some silver Rub'n Buff polished at random with fingers (important),the darker areas excepted, and most of all, no particular care was taken during all the countless manipulations, bare hands ,(finger prints excepted),necessary to end the total job.  that gives the finished model a really worn look.