Vampire/Hunter double header

murfv

Having heard about this GB from Dermo245 I hope you don't mind if I throw my hat in the ring with a couple of cold war classics, 

First up will be a de Havilland Vampire FB.5 (F217) along side a Hawker Hunter FGA.9 (bagged Novo version of F204)  

A few sprue shots to get started...

48088694217_f82961b312.jpg

48088694177_1fb293e6bb.jpg

48088597496_bf2c24f439.jpg

I plan to use some of my stash of old Modeldecal sets for the markings.

Thanks for looking. 

• Like 7

Welcome to this grand GB Vincent and dare I say it, your two new kit additions have now pushed this Classic kit GB to the 100 build mark!!

Well done everyone, that's exceptional news. I look forward to seeing what to end up doing with these kits plus those just as legendary Modeldecal markings.

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

A bit of an update re my twin Frog Hunter/Vampire build.

I have decided to build both as wheels up/in flight so I will be using the Frog supplied stand that came with the Vampire and a stand from an old Frog Avenger used for the Hunter.

Main airframes assembled with the Hunter going going together quite nicely, it will need some filler for a few sink marks but overall quite neat considering. It did need some clamping for the fuselage to take care of some warping but I am happy so far.  

The Vampire with the twin boom arrangement took a little more effort to get everything lined up and will need a visit from the filler fairy as some of the joints (wing/fuselage in particular) look like the grand canyon. 

48121932407_155aa78ccf.jpgHunter & Vampire #4 

48121836461_2f7a0fc2bb.jpgHunter & Vampire #5

Thanks for looking

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

A quick progress report for my twin build, 

Due to family holidays and some other real world stuff getting in the way I have not had much chance to make much progress

but after a couple of recent sessions of filling/sanding I applied a coat of rattle can primer this morning and hope to start with 

primary paint later this evening, 

Will get a couple of pics up later.

Thanks for looking 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, so much for making quick progress on these two but I have now gotten around to putting some paint on both the Hunter and Vampire.

48595338042_4fc1fa3550.jpg

The Vampire, which will be finished as a 16 Squadron a/c RAF Germany ca 1954, has received a coat of Vallejo Model Air Aluminium before decals from a modelddecal set(101)

The Hunter will be finished as a 58 squadron aircraft in DG/DSG/LAG scheme with decals coming also from an olld Modeldecal set(#26)

Thanks for looking

• Like 6