Vulcanicity's Heyford - done at last!

Great job ! Doing some of these complicated old birds justice certainly does take one helluva lot of work, as I know only too well.  Your assumptions about the prop colouring are quite correct.  Looking forward to the reference thread.

Who doesn't love a Matchbox Heyford... even more so when they've been finished off this well. We can all marvel at the latest moulded new tool kits, however the amount of effort, detail and affection that has gone into this build is truly impressive. Phil, you deserve every like and accolade received. 

Cheers and very well modelled.. Dave  

I followed the Stranraer and this build with interest - I’ve got a Stranraer in my stash and I’ve been taking notes! - and I have to say this Heyford is a work of art.

Very well done. :thumbsup:

I have a huge soft spot for taking an old, inaccurate, kit and making it into an accurate model. This one really hits the spot for me, especially with it being a biplane. Excellant work and a fantastic result!

Ian

Seeing how the PE bomb racks look I think I've made my decision for the Battle too, thanks!

That’s a lovely model, congratulations! Here’s to seeing it through to the end!! I hope our kids pick up on the value of taking on a big project like this one and grinding it into submission over a year or so - instant gratification, no thanks! not for us!!!! Well done 👌