Vulcanicity's Stranraer - done at last!

What an incredible build! Everything I would have said has been said by the others, except maybe it looks more like a CMR resin kit than the venerable MB one! The best Stranraer build I have seen! Thank you for all your comments and notes regarding the non-original aspects of the kit as molded by Matchbox- I have saved your photos and WIP as a wonderful modeling reference. The grand old lady cleaned up pretty darned well, methinks! An obvious labor of love, and it certainly shows! Re the beaching gear gear- a Ju-86 or Ju-52 come to mind for the main wheels, but I don't recall offhand what the hub pattern was on the real thing. What you used for all four wheels looks pretty good to me! :thumbsup:

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Many many thanks everyone! I'm having a bit of a minor rest from modelling (apart from repairs to an old Seafox - I was supposed to not go straight onto another Matchbox biplane!) but will be back soon! :)

• 5 months later...

Magnificent looking. I have this to build but your superb rigging scares hell out of me. I don't think mine would look anywhere near as good as yours. The finish is beautiful. Congratulations on a striking model from a golden age.

• 4 weeks later...