Tamiya 1/35 M1A2 TUSK

Hello guys.

Finally completed this. For three years its been sitting on a shelf, painted but incomplete. Finally dolled it up, did some repainting and then within a few days created the base, weathered it and the stowage and put it together.

One of the last pictures I took of this thing was February, 2016.

sep2_by_moab23-da2fmmo.jpg

And now here's the finished article (in my new photo tent, which I still need to get the hang of) :)

m1c_by_moab23_dd9mhu5-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0

m1a_by_moab23_dd9mhlw-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0

m1f_by_moab23_dd9micu-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0

m1e_by_moab23_dd9mi9k-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0

m1d_by_moab23_dd9mi7p-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0

m1h_by_moab23_dd9milq-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0

m1i_by_moab23_dd9ming-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0

m1b_by_moab23_dd9mhqr-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0

m1g_by_moab23_dd9miec-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0

m1j_by_moab23_dd9miot-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0

m1k_by_moab23_dd9mirb-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0

Phew, I think that's all of them :D

Gaz

• Like 10

Looks like they packed for a 2 year deployment :D

One thing I would do is get some straps on the turret stowage because after 2 mins of driving you would be able to 

follow the trail of personal kit in it's wake. Also get some dust and mud around the running gear, AFV's just need to be shown a picture of a training area

or deployment area and they get dirty before even moving out the tank park, it should help tone down the cam on the tank which is well done but it bit bright, maybe an oil filter or two  just to knock it back a 

bit.  Get rid of the non issue blue tac holding in the water can, if the troopy sees that you'll be on a charge! 

The base is really well done fella and really sets the build off well, I like it a lot :thumbsup:  The cam on the bergens is really well done and also notable, not the easiest to paint up.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Looks like they packed for a 2 year deployment :D

One thing I would do is get some straps on the turret stowage because after 2 mins of driving you would be able to 

follow the trail of personal kit in it's wake. Also get some dust and mud around the running gear, AFV's just need to be shown a picture of a training area

or deployment area and they get dirty before even moving out the tank park, it should help tone down the cam on the tank which is well done but it bit bright, maybe an oil filter or two  just to knock it back a 

bit.  Get rid of the non issue blue tac holding in the water can, if the troopy sees that you'll be on a charge! 

The base is really well done fella and really sets the build off well, I like it a lot :thumbsup:  The cam on the bergens is really well done and also notable, not the easiest to paint up.

lol, thanks. I still need to get some strapping on the cans to hold them on (or use wire to replicate bungee cord or something). Do have some PE straps, I can use, though :)

There is a bit of mud and dirt on the wheels, though it doesn't show up much here. I did a combo of oilbrusher earth and dust on the front of the hull and rear, but the effect came in really subtle for some reason. I just sometimes worry about overdoing the muck on the lower parts, especially when the weathering products tend to be quite bright at times. The brighter parts on the tank are actually the result of a dust wash :P

Gaz

Edited by GazB

5 minutes ago, GazB said:

lol, thanks. I still need to get some strapping on the cans to hold them on (or use wire to replicate bungee cord or something). Do have some PE straps, I can use, though :)

There is a bit of mud and dirt on the wheels, though it doesn't show up much here. I did a combo of oilbrusher earth and dust on the front of the hull and rear, but the effect came in really subtle for some reason. I just sometimes worry about overdoing the muck on the lower parts, especially when the weathering products tend to be quite bright at times.

Gaz

Just remember that its an AFV, no such thing as being overdone on the weathering Gaz, that's the beauty of them,  

A quick pic of my ride with yours truly (I know a handsome chap even back then)  back in 1992 after a short spell in the field, you couldn't tell the wagons were green and black, even after wash down they looked filthy 

Cold ,wet and pi@@ed off

Regards

Dan 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Just remember that its an AFV, no such thing as being overdone on the weathering Gaz, that's the beauty of them,  

A quick pic of my ride with yours truly (I know a handsome chap even back then)  back in 1992 after a short spell in the field, you couldn't tell the wagons were green and black, even after wash down they looked filthy 

Cold ,wet and pi@@ed off

Regards

Dan 

Thanks for the info, Dan. I'll have to see if I can blend up some pigments to create a colour to match the terrain :)

Gaz