BRONCO 1936 OPEL SALOON-DER RUCKMARSCH '45

Afternoon all

Managed some time this week, and decided on a change from all the projects......to start a new one..:coolio:

Came across this on Ebay for a tenner with shipping, so couldn't resist. A standard 1936 saloon by Opel pressed into service and on the run in '45. Built some field applied luggage rack for the rear and roof rack. The kit overall for the price wasn't bad, but the wheels/tires with....get this 8, yes 8 parts were a little excessive just to get some tread detail. The front wheel connections to are something to be desired and unless you have Tamiya/Dragon mould skills; they should have gone for different set up..too many parts to achieve very little...........but overall, not a bad little kit.

O4oHm3e.jpg

Here's where she stands at present. I think primer on the body, chassis and sub components.

UFia82Z.jpg

Just need to get some weld lines on the strap steel struts to the main body and some on the main connections of the roof rack......

huzOmMG.jpg

a17Hjoy.jpg

Catch you all soon.......:yes:

Edited by Redcoat2966
  • Like 5

Thanks Robert.....:yes:

Managed to get the Dunkelgelb and the interior underway today. I've done the interior as though it is still in civilian mode and was pressed into service....taken off some chap for the army. A dual blue interior with as of yet an unknown leather seating colour to match. I'm going to try and do the field applied camo', but need to check if I need a new needle first....if not, maybe tomorrow.

Here's where we stand..sorry about the pics, doesn't really pick up the colours best and the modulation....have to do for now.

bKDhGhe.jpg

F2JYour.jpg

• Like 5

Afternoon all.....90% done.....:thumbsup:...some work on the wheels, some luggage etc.

Maybe try and finish off over the weekend, but I need to get back on the Elephant a bit; and finish the Zimerit.

Here's progress to date..

VCnhInc.jpg

MF84vXr.jpg

n0l10BQ.jpg

XdYEGCn.jpg

• Like 9

• Redcoat2966 changed the title to BRONCO 1936 OPEL SALOON-DER RUCKMARSCH '45

57 minutes ago, Harry Callahan said:

nice painted and weathered model, well done

aahhhmmm it calls Der Rückmarsch please.😉

Cheers..........All edited.....should have payed more attention in German class......:coolio:, had to do it from memory of a book I saw once.....

• Like 1

I think you had more problems to learn german, than me to learn english, because english language is easy to learn, but german language is very complicated, i know some germans they dont speak german perfectly hehehehe-

My english class was from 1976 to 1981, and i have like it, even i am not perfect, i still have problems sometimes in grammar, well it was 38 years ago, many  rules i forget.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 6:39 PM, Harry Callahan said:

I think you had more problems to learn german, than me to learn english, because english language is easy to learn, but german language is very complicated, i know some germans they dont speak german perfectly hehehehe-

My english class was from 1976 to 1981, and i have like it, even i am not perfect, i still have problems sometimes in grammar, well it was 38 years ago, many  rules i forget.

I'm sure I read somewhere that English was the first attempt at Esperanto in that it used simplified grammar and structure to allow the melting pot of people in early post-Roman England to work and trade together. The grammar stayed simple but the vocabulary went crazy as Viking then French rulers added layers to the Germanic base and the church continued using Latin.

To the model: that's a fantastic paint job, and the wood on the luggage rack looks more real than some of the real wood I've got about the place.

Andy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Andy...... I fancied a change this week. I still have some more weathering to do - wheels,  and mud on the lower ares. Then start to develop the baggage and stuff.

The wood on the rear ad-hoc luggage rack is actually wood. It’s American Bass wood, with deck wash sold naval ships.

Hope to have it in the RFI section next week- if stowage is available from the stash.

Thanks again for taking a look 👍

• 3 weeks later...