FW-190F8 SG.2 Hungary, Eduard, 1/72

Here I present my last work finished, this FW-190 F8 that fought on the Hungarian scene, at the end of 1944 or early 1945. I work especially aimed at finding a good environment, with effects of weathering according to the operating status of these aircraft . I hope you like it!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As usual, more pics and info in my blog: 

jamiegrahamworks.com_fw-190-f8

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Hmm.

Maybe it's just the angles of the pictures but is the forward rake of the main undercarriage a bit steep or missing?

Otherwise it looks super.

I love the depiction of the snow too.  How did you achieve that?

7 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Very nice, Jamie :)

Martin

6 hours ago, Courageous said:

:ditto:

Stuart

4 hours ago, FatFlyHalf said:

Hmm.

Maybe it's just the angles of the pictures but is the forward rake of the main undercarriage a bit steep or missing?

Otherwise it looks super.

I love the depiction of the snow too.  How did you achieve that?

Thank you very much!! RE:undercarriage ... it seems that these 190 destined in the Hungarian front eliminated that part of the landing gear so that the snow / ice does not block the wheels. 😁👍👍👍

15 hours ago, Jamie_Graham said:

Thank you very much!! RE:undercarriage ... it seems that these 190 destined in the Hungarian front eliminated that part of the landing gear so that the snow / ice does not block the wheels. 😁👍👍👍

Hello Jamie,

I think you misunderstood.  I'm not referring to the 'spats' that covered the wheels.  It was the angle of the undercarriage legs in relation to the wing. From your pictures it looks as if the legs are perpendicular to the wing, when in fact they were angled both inward and forward by a few degrees. 

spacer.png

10 hours ago, ArmouredSprue said:

Fantastic work mate. very well done indeed.

4 hours ago, Luiz said:

Great presentation!...the weathering job is superb!

Luiz

Thank you Luiz!! 

1 hour ago, FatFlyHalf said:

Hello Jamie,

I think you misunderstood.  I'm not referring to the 'spats' that covered the wheels.  It was the angle of the undercarriage legs in relation to the wing. From your pictures it looks as if the legs are perpendicular to the wing, when in fact they were angled both inward and forward by a few degrees. 

spacer.png

Ah .. ok ok .. now i understand what you meant. 

it may be that the images do not correctly show that angle of the landing gear ... yes yes, it's not perpendicular ... there is an inclination degree. You can see that better in the first photo. Thanks for your comment!!