Biting off a bit more then I can chew, d day dio

Good morning all :)

Thought I would make a thread seeing as I actually cut some plastic over the weekend. The idea of doing a dio is one that appealed to me, I'm more a railway modeller and just love doing scenics, so with this in mind I set about starting. 

I'll add some photos in tonight, but I've made a good start in the cromwell tank from airfix, bare in mind this is my first go at doing a tank, and I thoroughly enjoyed clubbing it together. 

So where am I going with this, well the plan is to have a river/stream, with a destroyed bridge across it, either side we have the tanks, one the cromwell, the other a tiger, more about these in the coming posts... 

Now you can't really have a D-day themed model without having some invasion stripes? Don't worry I have this covered in the form of a 1/72 tiffy, but for now it's role in the scene I'll be keeping hush, element of suprise and all that :)

A fair bit going on but hopefully it'll all come together and I'm not biting more then I can chew, hopefully a few pics over the coming days

All the best 

Matt :)

Edited by motogpMatt
  • Like 4