Great work Roger, love the MERDC scheme, is that a clansman antenna base on the back of the turret? I know that we trialed the M60 years ago so is it a case that we fitted Clansman to the trial vehicles? 

Regards

Dan 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hamden said:

Hoping to have a table with a friend , we are awaiting to hear if we have been allocated a space.

Well I hope you are successful in that. Either way, I'm sure we will hook up this time!

You'd be very welcome to join the Vikings again, but I notice you live in Dorchester, so a bit of a trek. It's club night tonight actually, so I'll be off up there in about an hour. It takes me up to 45 minutes to drive from Langton Matravers where I live, up to Broadstone British legion, where the club meet.

Terry

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dads203 said:

is that a clansman antenna base on the back of the turret?

Yes when the Tank Museum received this particlar M60 it came with the clansman antenna base on a bracket on the turret but no cableing or any hole to run any cable in that position.

Thanks for your  very encouraging comments very much appreciated

Roger

• Like 1

Right final couple of pics of this build now on its display base.

The base is based on the hill that used to be in the Bovington Tank Museum arena but I have used some artistic license as well. Thanks to everyone who stopped by and for the likes and comments, all very much appreciated.

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

Next up will probably be a Tamiya M113 but not to the level of the one being built by @Dads203 I'm looking to reprosent another Tank Museum vehicle that I have had the privilage to drive, a Canadian version. If anyone is interested in another 113 build to a lower standard I may well start wip thread.

Roger

• Like 8

Very many THANKS to ALL who have stopped by and commented as well, your time and input is very much appreciated.

Hope to see you all over on my M113 thread

Roger

• Like 2

On 9/4/2019 at 1:46 PM, Terry1954 said:

will you be displaying with any clubs at the Bovington weekend in September?

Hi Terry just been confirmed today that my friend and I have been allocated a table at Bovington next weekend so hopefully will be able to catch up with you. 

I will have the M60 on the table if your still interested.

If anyone else is going to the Bovington show 28/29 September do stop by and say hello

Roger

• Like 1