Kittyhawk Mk IA

NigelC

Another GB, another attempt at a manufacturer I've never built before - Special Hobby in this case.

If it's a sharkmouth, it has to be a War/Toma/Kittyhawk, this one to be from the desert airforce.

20190615-026 20190615-027

• Like 4

Be my guest @Corsairfoxfouruncle - and welcome along.

It's coming together very nicely. Good crisp mouldings and the attachments between sprue and parts are tidy. I'd definitely make others from Special Hobby.

I've had a half-day off work today, so I got the fuse together, the wings and tailplane on and a couple of coats of paint onto the undersides - pic tomorrow at some point.

• Like 1

The classic type for a Sharkmouth :D Welcome aboard Nigel. Good progress and a very nice looking cockpit. :thumbsup:

On 6/19/2019 at 5:39 AM, NigelC said:

It's coming together very nicely. Good crisp mouldings and the attachments between sprue and parts are tidy. I'd definitely make others from Special Hobby.

It is indeed a very nice kit and the most accurate P-40 series kits in 1/72 scale. But be careful, many Special Hobby kits are not up to the buildability of the P-40 as they are typical short run kits. Always good to read a review first.

Cheers, Peter

• Thanks 1

Nigel,

I'm not sure Jason Isaacs is a Britmodeller. One never knows I suppose.

I've been looking at this Kittyhawk in my local shop and am interested to see how you go on with it. It looks great in the box. Might be good for the P-40 GB,

Alan

• Thanks 1

Thanks Alan. It's closed up and painted now but I haven't had the chance to take any photos - I'll try and post tomorrow evening. It's a very nice little kit and I can certainly recommend it.

A first attempt at weathering (probably so subtle as to be invisible!) and we're ready for "KIller" Caldwell to strap himself in and go hunting ...

20190706-004 20190706-003

20190706-002

20190706-001

Thanks for looking.

• Like 3