***Finished***Now Frog Ar234

PhantomBigStu

Well played Stu... nice to see this big black beast building built before our eyes - I might have overused the 'B" words there! 

I've never seen this kit in any shape or form so this is another one of those great kits that deserves to get a second look. I wish you every success with this project. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Second I believe this kit doesn't have the dorsal turret but the airfix one does, anyone know why this is ?

That was answered on my thread Pat. 

Initial turret shapes caused buffeting - not great for a gun platform.

Also the turret mechanical were the same as for the B-29, which had a higher production priority.

• Like 2

A black rather than a clear stand - I suppose it makes sense for this kit 😀

I was just looking at an old IPMS Magazine (February 1966), and they weren't impressed with this kit - the cowlings apparently taper too sharply and there is no real internal detail, just two undernourished crew on the standard FROG seats. They thought it wasn't of the quality you'd expect for six bob.

Cowlings sound a bit like those on the Beaufort - tried building them up with filler, gave up and used Beaufighter ones instead! Are you going to stick with black or go for one of the OD ones?

Edited by PeterB

On 15/06/2019 at 20:01, dogsbody said:

Got me one of them in me stash.

Chris

No point in it being in the Stash Chris, there's always room for another Widow especially a Frog one !

Edited by Mike
Removing photo quote
  • Like 3

I'm not starting anything new until I finish my Hurricane. This has been in a stalled state for a while as there always seems to be something else I have to do and also I'm up to the painting stage and that's where the fear starts. I suck so bad at the main painting stage. Hopefully now that the gardens are in and most of the yard work if done, I can divert more time and interest back onto the Hurc.

Chris

Looking good Stu. I've often wanted to attach my props properly as per the kits instructions, however fear my ham fisted sanding technique would just break off those blades one by one. Nice progress.. 

Cheers.. Dave

On 6/26/2019 at 10:11 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

Looking good Stu. I've often wanted to attach my props properly as per the kits instructions, however fear my ham fisted sanding technique would just break off those blades one by one. Nice progress.. 

Cheers.. Dave

48142745261_928f9e0dae_b.jpg

🙄

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great to see the progress on this one, from memory it's quite big when assembled  ?

Cheers Pat 

slightly smaller in span and length than a b-25 (got an airfix one in progress), will post a pic later 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Underside sanded and painted, though I think more is needed as I might have sanded engine vents off, perhaps someone can confirm if there should be vents on the underside of the nacelles or if it was sprue gates 

48182238197_961e76c70e_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...