Australian Model Expo 2019

Pinback

Hi- Just a few shots from the Australian Model Expo held last weekend in Melbourne.

Monday's Swap and Sell was moved to a larger room which was good as it was less jammed than previous years. Came away with an Airfix Beaver so was more than happy.

1/32 Lancaster - its a bit big.

spacer.png

Wingnut Wings had a table celebrating 10 years. It included some sprues of their forthcoming 1/32 Lancaster and Handley Page 0/400

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Natural metal prototype F 111

spacer.png

Scratchbuilt Kiwi Aermacchi

spacer.png

A much modified Wessex - parcel delivery

spacer.png

Cutaway F-14

spacer.png

What If Wyvern

spacer.png

Ilyushin Brawny - ground attack from the 1950's that never went into full production

spacer.png

Part of one of the modelling club displays

spacer.png

Lastly - an Israeli Phantom - I can't say I have seen one with what looks to be conformal tanks and the modified nose so presume a What If? (I may be wrong!)

spacer.png

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, whiskey said:

That's the F-4X, otherwise known as the F-4ES. 

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/ultrafast-f-4x-f-4es-odyssey-israels-recce-phantoms/

What was the scale? Pretty cool to see that as a model for once.

The Phantom was 1/32.

On 6/17/2019 at 11:03 AM, whiskey said:

That's the F-4X, otherwise known as the F-4ES. 

Thanks whiskey- much appreciated. So the tanks would have contained water for injection and it had a proposed Mach 3.2 dash and Mach 2.7 cruise.

Pity they did not put it to the test😯

On 6/17/2019 at 7:25 PM, Bandsaw Steve said:

I’d love to meet whoever built that. Might have to get to Melbourne one day!

Hi Bandsaw - Its a bit cold at the mo but the coffee is good :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure where to start about what I like the most! The Tomcat is awesome and the Wessex is very clever!

On 6/17/2019 at 11:39 AM, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

The Phantom was 1/32.

and yes, it was inspired by an article in an Aerophile mag from long ago concerning the RF-4X project.  I just spun the tale a little further and not only included the HIAC-1 nose but armed it as well !  It was part of the IPMS display where the theme was "4".

On 6/17/2019 at 7:25 PM, Bandsaw Steve said:

I love the MB 339, especially since it’s

Scratchbuilt.

I’d love to meet whoever built that. Might have to get to Melbourne one day!

Well, whenever you're in Melbourne ( and yes the coffee is good ) just give us a hoy.   :)
http://uncleles.net/2019/05/07/1-32-rnzaf-aermacchi-mb339/ 

Edited by uncle les
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic! Thanks very much. As you probably know I live in Perth, but I do do head Eastwards occasionally and - very occasionally- have been known to get to Melbourne. That MB339 is awesome! Especially for a scratchbuild!

That HK Models Lanc was mine as well.  It was made to order for Metro Hobbies so the configuration and markings were not my choice, I'll do one the way I want to do it with another example ( that is currently on the bench undergoing scrutiny ! )
https://www.facebook.com/pg/uncleles1/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2267027923416475

4 minutes ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Fantastic! Thanks very much. As you probably know I live in Perth, but I do do head Eastwards occasionally and - very occasionally- have been known to get to Melbourne. That MB339 is awesome! Especially for a scratchbuild!

cheers

7 hours ago, uncle les said:

and yes, it was inspired by an article in an Aerophile mag from long ago concerning the RF-4X project.  I just spun the tale a little further and not only included the HIAC-1 nose but armed it as well !  It was part of the IPMS display where the theme was "4".

Nice to see you have finally joined the Britmodeller fold Les!

:welcome: