28mm Marlborough's War Figures+ Rohan Riders

I picked of these box sets of the Marlborough's wars,I have started the Infantry of the Grand Alliance first and these are in the British colours,they are reasonably easy to paint,I have one figure finished to show how they look,and in the middle of this I am painting the Riders of Rohan and their horses.

cheers Jim

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

Some progress on these figures,Finished all the Rohan horses and figures,and one box set finished of the Marlborough Wars,liked these so much I bought another box set,( I know a little crazy)will paint them another colour,Cheers for now.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 6

• Jim Wasley changed the title to 28mm Marlborough's War Figures+ Rohan Riders
  • 1 month later...

Completed more of my Marlborough's War figures,Infantry,Cavalry and Artillary,the Artillary set is a real treat to work with and paint,it comes with some nice extras,barrels,buckets,cannon balls and a choice of cannon barrel size(I chose the 12 pounder),I finished 1 to show you and the other 2 are differnt heads and uniform colours,Cheers.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

Just some more progress,on the Austrian Napoleonic Landwehr figures have them all primed ready for paint,will have to put the paint brush in top gear to clear space on my work bench,I have figures coming from all directions and eras,still like the hat on these figures kind of looks like the Aussie slouch hat.Cheers.

spacer.png

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

I hadn't realised how nice the Malburian figures are, I thought they were a re-boxing of some other, rather poor figures from a now defunct manufacturer. Great work Jim.

They are not to bad,the horses and figures a nice touch,the plastic is a little soft and there was a few sink holes in the top of the Landwehr and Shako hats, but good to work with,it would have been nice to have a few more Grenadier heads,but you do end up with a lot of spares,backpacks and heads.the box has a total of 54 figures along with the 2 horses and riders,to me the horses are well sculped.and for the WarLord Marlborough figures the Artillery figures a very well sculped,and the Infantry are nice and very easy to paint,I plan on getting more and paint more colours as they look great on mass,I'm just not keen on the horses they look a little to small more like a pony,but this may have been the type of horses used?Cheers.P.S. I took some close up pics of the Victrix for you,so you can see the detail.I also added a pic of the Woodland Indians I just finished,Cheers.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

Jim, 

the Victrix figures look  really good, my Wargamming buddy who I did the Waterloo game with has a  few boxes of the Victrix on his painting table.and is really looking forward to the Perry plastic Austrian Cavalry being released . MY Austrians are all old Wargames Foundry and as I have 1100 plus figures I'm not looking for more!

You are right about the Warlord horses, their plastic Infantry re great but the horses are not up to that standard.

Take care mate

Andy

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Courageous said:

I have to ask Jim, where/ what do you do with all your miniatures? Do you have the same dilemma as model builders?

Stuart

Thanks Stuart,Yes it is a pain I have well over 200 AFV in 1/35 and almost as many aircraft,also some auto models,and my collection in small figures is growing,everything is on shelves in the garage,My 2 daughters have no children so no Grandchildren to pass them onto,and there are no model or game/clubs in this area to share the hobby with,and I"m find with the figures is I have so many spare parts left after a build.I could try and sell some but I really enjoy them,and selling is not the reason why I build them,I've been retired for many years now and it keeps the grey cells active,did read another modeller was going to melt them down and make a coffin out of them,I guess it's a dilemma we all have in some way,but it's a good dilemma,so I will keep building/painting,putting shelves up and leave the dilemma to others after I'm gone 😀.

Cheers Jim.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

Really  nicely done, Jim  both the painting and the presentation. I do like the diorama bases for the light infantry.

Thanks Andy for your kind words,I do try and keep them simple and keep them on small bases,space stops me from going to big,would love to build a large Dio to place them all on.Cheers. 

• Like 2