Brewster Buffalo B339

Hi, 

This is Tamiya's excellent 1/48th Buffalo. An older kit made a while back but one that I really enjoyed. The previous one I made was the Matchbox kit back in the 70s, I think I got it free as I saved up a load of other Matchbox kit tokens.

Mr Hobby Aqueous and Tamiya paints as ever. I was pleased with how the shading and chipping came out.

Big thank you to Eduard for having a masking set of a less common type!

Buffalo

Buffalo

Buffalo

Buffalo

Buffalo

Feedback welcome, it's how we improve.

• Like 49
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Duncan, I appreciate your comment.

My canopy was fine, it's just down to luck I guess. Very thick but nice and clear. I built up the decking under the canopy to hide a misstep between the fuselage halves that really showed up badly on the original flat decking. I was pleased with that, not particularly accurate but I build for myself so not too bothered.

She ain't no Eduard but still a nice kit of an unusual bird.

• Like 1

As good as the Eduard mask was, at various times it started to lift at the top of the canopy.  Burnish each time your spray became my motto for this build. Thankfully I got away with it and the canopy is a focal point. Did consider opening her up like others have suggested but there is no petrol in the Stihl saw!

Thanks everyone. To be fair, she wasn’t a kit I had much interest in but then started assembly and everything just came together. She ended up being one of my most rewarding builds. Wasn’t sure whether to go hard or soft edge with the camouflage but decided to go hard due to the intricacies on a small frame. 

Total respect to the 1/72 and smaller guys who do soft demarcation.👍🏻

• 1 year later...