Hello,

i wanted to build a Fulcrum in 1/48 scale since a long time and finally got around to do it. It is also my first WIP, hopefully of many.

The kit has nice details, so i will build it OOB, except for some scratchbuilding here and there plus the ejection seat, where I´m currently eying the Quickboost one.

Z7EQhKo.jpg

I started with the cockpit, which was pretty straightforward, Decals for the IP, Vallejo Pale Blue gray on, detail painting, and then some drybrushing with light gull gray to add some highlights.

iu7WmrD.jpg

zogVHjV.jpg

I´m going to add some wires too, but I have to wait for the new Seat to avoid any fit issues.

24ubf7a.jpg

The other thing I did, was painting the engines. Those are really nice and in my opinion one of the Highlights of this kit, contrasting the burner cans, which are kind of a nightmare.

Kw32BGZ.jpg

U83zzCI.jpg

nOvv6Rj.jpg

So, that´s it for now.

Thanks for looking and please excuse my english ;)

Alex

(Edit: I think i fixed the photos)

Edited by Woozaa
  • Like 8

Hi Alex!

Unfortunately there appears to be a problem with most of the images, with many just appearing as a small black box with the following message within: "The image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available. imgur.com" 

Perhaps a problem with the settings? 

Best of luck!

Nice kit, are you going to display the engines with open panels?

Same with me for the pics, only one I can see is the one of the burner cans.

20 hours ago, Muzz said:

Nice kit, are you going to display the engines with open panels?

Same with me for the pics, only one I can see is the one of the burner cans.

Yes, i think i will display one engine open, would be a waste if not.

Anyway, i finished up the underside. What a pain.... There are two Problems, the fit of the main gear bays and the fit of the intakes to the fuselage. Fitting the wheel wells left me with gaps, that i closed with some sheet plastic, on the one hand to give it some extra strength, i don´t think that you will see that much in the end.

XoQ2niA.jpg

The intakes are relatively straight forward at first, glueing the two halves together and then filling the seamline with some vallejo putty. But the fit of the intakes to the fuselage is, well, not great. There was a lot of dryfitting and trimming involved also some putty, but in the end I´m kinda satisfied.

vSjbgVl.jpg

Next will be mating the fuselage halves together.

Alex

• Like 2

Hi Woozaa,

Having built one of these two years ago, I can understand your frustration with some of the fit issues!  If it helps here is a link to my build and some of the issues I had (they start at post #15).  Also check #27 BEFORE you fix the fuselage halves together - there are some holes that need drilling for the fin but this isn't in the instructions!

Mike

On 16/06/2019 at 16:32, FortyEighter said:

Hi Woozaa,

Having built one of these two years ago, I can understand your frustration with some of the fit issues!  If it helps here is a link to my build and some of the issues I had (they start at post #15).  Also check #27 BEFORE you fix the fuselage halves together - there are some holes that need drilling for the fin but this isn't in the instructions!

Mike

Thanks for the advice and good looking MiG there!

This time I drilled all necessary holes, opened some panels up and glued the fuselage halves together. 

JMBCUFd.jpg

I thinned the plastic a little bit from the inside, I think it looks more realistic.

WQPIgCC.jpg

With the engine:

YOTSKmf.jpg

You can see the Oiltanks(?), but I think I will add some wires, it looks kinda empty right now.

Then I build the landing gear and tested, if I need to add weight in the nose, but being a MiG it was inevitable, i have to encounter one, which doesn´t need a nose weight.

Well, without the engines it´s ok...

UlA23Mp.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Alex

Ps: I have to work on the open panels a little bit more, they are a little bit rough right now.

Ps2: The Tailfins are not glued yet, but the tailplanes are installed and they are movable. The System is a little bit weird, because you have to sandwich them together between the fuselage halves. I would have preferred to install them later, breaking the attachment pins is just an accident waiting to happen.

Edited by Woozaa
  • Like 1