Reach for your Aviators! Valom NF-101A Voodoo 53-2438 1/72

On 6/15/2019 at 11:05 PM, Steve Coombs said:

The Noise Abatement Society will be contacting you in short order.

Seriously, though, that's an interesting and well-constructed build.

Thanks Steve

On 6/16/2019 at 1:39 AM, stevehnz said:

Mine too, thanks for the warning in the title, I had a pre-squint in place. :D That's sure is a striking scheme & a stunning model. I like.  :)

Steve.

I hope they've calmed down, Steve! ;). I'm glad you like her.

On 6/16/2019 at 4:24 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Very good to see this one finished ! :yahoo:... Very bright ! :hypnotised:

Thanks Dennis. Yes, bright! I've noticed that I missed a key item in the decalling phase so will have to go back and address that. I'll also attemppt to re-jig the centre pylon.

On 6/16/2019 at 4:31 AM, Luiz said:

Just awesome!

Great job!

Luiz 

Thanks Luiz

Martin

• Like 3

On 6/16/2019 at 8:33 PM, Hobo said:

Beautiful! One of the best Voodoo's I've ever seen.

Thanks mate. There are a few other colourful a/c-model Voodoos that I'm tempted by but I think after my third Valom I need a break! ;)

19 hours ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Stunning work, Martin! 👍 Looks like you’re pushed to the limits that Valom kit, congratulations! 🎉

Thanks Nikolay. I think I possibly did. It is a simple kit, with many issues, but it builds up okay if you are patient. I'm not so there are a few imperfections! ;) As I said in an earlier post, I have realised that I made one decalling omission! I will correct it as well as adjusting the centreline pylon, which is a bit low at present. Fortunately it isn't glued on!

Martin  

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, junglierating said:

Orange....that's not orange its ORANGE 😆

Yes, mate. My eyes are just about calmed down now :)

15 hours ago, replicant said:

Very, very shiny!!!

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks Tom.  My poor camera needed a break after that photo session! ;)

13 hours ago, Habu12 said:

My eyes! 🙀 

But an enjoyable color shock. Diggin!

I hope they've settled down now.. ;). Thanks for your comment. 

I have around 8 bottles of the Model Master International Red and 'Red-Orange left so be prepared for more afterglow in the future. Not just yet, though. 

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Baldy said:

Beautifully done Voodoo Martin. Stunning scheme Would love to do one in 1/48!

Cheers

Malcolm

So why don't you give her a go, Malcolm! You pretty much have all the photo references here :). I'd like to see that.

Martin

1 minute ago, RidgeRunner said:

So why don't you give her a go, Malcolm! You pretty much have all the photo references here :). I'd like to see that.

Martin

Martin - it is now on my radar!

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I generally like operational paint schemes, but I agree something like this makes a great subject for a break from camo and bare metal.  Really nice job, too!

• Thanks 1

Thank you everyone, I appreciate your comments.

Since posting I have realised some omissions and errors.  I left off the red warning stripes around the engine inlets, for example. I have more recently realised that I set the red break line on the rear fuselage at the wrong place too. As you will all appreciate, fixing that mistake at this stage, and particularly on a dayglo finish, would be a difficult undertaking. I have therefore chosen to just accept it.  I also need to adjust the angle of the centreline pylon . Fortunately it isnt cemented so I can easily remedy that :). 

Having said all that I am still very pleased with the build. It represents another unusual aircraft for my display cabinet :).

Martin

• Like 1

Don't know how I missed this one Martin. Brilliant job, quite literally! Really like the way you have applied the dayglo and NMF. A challenging scheme I reckon.

Terry

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Don't know how I missed this one Martin. Brilliant job, quite literally! Really like the way you have applied the dayglo and NMF. A challenging scheme I reckon.

Terry

Thanks Terry. Yes, dayglo can be tricky, especially if you to do any repair work, but in this case she worked out fine. In reality she isn't so vibrant. The camera sensor and even post-processing couldn't handle it well. If you want nice dayglo the Model Master range is excellent. I have yet tried the Sovereign offering, though.

i have now posted new images with the inlet red lining in place :).

Thanks, too, @Val :)

Martin 

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 1

Stunner

Got to love an orange test aircraft - and a 101 to boot!

Excellent work on an unusual subject - Nice!

ATB

Rick

That is certainly eye-catching!  Looks great.  Dayglo colours are not the easiest to apply in my opinion but your paint finish looks spot-on.  I really like these experimental and test subjects.