Hello everybody... As the instigator and primary host of the. 

hxZpabH.jpg

This was my take on Tamiya's classic 1/35th M48A3. It is built in the markings of "DEATH" from the 1st Marine tank Battalion C-Coy company 1970 C-12. I used a mixture of kit decals and Star decals sheet 35 C-1074. The Sandbags are made from baked sculpey modeling clay and were molded to the hull. I went for a heavily used tank covered with stowage, sometime in the rainy season. 

xTIDyb0.jpg

VXzBpJN.jpg

lz7RPc8.jpg

IgiRmsj.jpg

kxAAve5.jpg

pTq18p9.jpg

W5ymDG2.jpg

Inrr8Wk.jpg

n3dgwZe.jpg

xF068kU.jpg

osXf3Nx.jpg

K2EZAIx.jpg

w9p4goO.jpg

Sometime in the not to distant yet cloudy future i would like to make a base for this. Pose it in a section of a Firebase defensive perimeter. Questions, comments, or thoughts are always accepted.

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 37

Hi Dennis,

Colourful markings, some nice mud-work, lovely cluttery stowage and festooned with crew members.

Fantastic. I look forward to seeing the diorama.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Badder said:

I look forward to seeing the diorama.

Thank you... It may be a little while. However when i do build it, i plan on using everything Ive learned on B/M to help. I may even do a WIP for it but i still need to gather the bits and pieces. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

With such a title you have my attention 😃. Wonderfull model, always loved vietnam subjects . This tamiya kit sure looks like a fun build, it's on my ever expanding wish list. Great work 👍.

Cheers,

Ernst.

• Thanks 1

Hi Dennis,

Although the name of the topic gives a bit of bad vibes to click on it ..., I see that there was nothing to fear ... lol.
I had not seen this work, sorry, I was tempted to do this version with the shark's mouth ...
I really like the feeling of chaos, with all that equipment around the vehicle, and the crew is very necessary to complete the idea, I wish I had some "bloods" in mine ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Thanks 1