Spad XIII "late version" Deco Sergnt Chavannes. Eduard 1/48

Here I present one of my last works completed on the occasion of the Working Group of French Aviation for the Fuengirola Scale Model Contest 2019. A much more complicated model than I thought at first with a quite complex bridging. It has been a "express work" but very satisfied with the final result. A very striking decoration with five colors camu and a spider on the top of the fuselage.  I hope you enjoy that. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

More info and pics in my blog  

jamiegrahamworks_spadXIII

• Like 36

Great seeing a SPAD finished and you did a wonderful job. I wonder why more don’t get built lots of interesting finishes as decals around.   Maybe the rigging scares people off?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thorfinn said:

Simply gorgeous!

Lovely subtle weathering, as well.

5 hours ago, russ c said:

Very nice, love those markings too

2 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Exquisite work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

2 hours ago, jeaton01 said:

Well done!

2 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Perfection in plastic!

Pete

1 hour ago, GrzeM said:

It is really good model!! Congratulations!

1 hour ago, MikeR said:

Very nice indeed!

Mike.B)

35 minutes ago, Rui Silva said:

Excellent model and photography, congrats

29 minutes ago, cduckworth said:

Great seeing a SPAD finished and you did a wonderful job. I wonder why more don’t get built lots of interesting finishes as decals around.   Maybe the rigging scares people off?  

Thank you very much everyone for your kind comments!! I always try to do my works with a good weathering and with a little scene / vignette ... but on this occasion I did not have much time to extend myself with the setting. 

cduckworth ... yes, undoubtedly the rigging is a strong handicap to do this wwi models. 

😁👍👍

• Like 1

Great work.  A beautiful paint finish.  That has to be one of the most interesting schemes applied to any aircraft during the First World War.

• Like 1

Great model and I really like the base - unusual and different. Re-WW1 types and rigging: it does seem to scare a large number of modellers, but like many techniques it is not as difficult as it looks.

P

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Great work.  A beautiful paint finish.  That has to be one of the most interesting schemes applied to any aircraft during the First World War.

Thank you very much!! Yes, i think so .. it's really striking!! 

19 hours ago, Kampartiger said:

like the base,love the Spad XIII even more but I dread rigging up the plane.Never had one but there were times my finger was just a few mm away from making purchases.

Thanksss!!! jejeje yes, i know this feeling!! 

14 hours ago, Piotr Sudnik said:

:clap2:

😁👍👍

11 hours ago, pheonix said:

Great model and I really like the base - unusual and different. Re-WW1 types and rigging: it does seem to scare a large number of modellers, but like many techniques it is not as difficult as it looks.

P

thank you very much!! Yes, like another techniques in scalemodelling ... just practice!! 

On 6/16/2019 at 9:13 PM, Hobo said:

That is incredible. Love the base too. Maybe the best Spad I've ever seen.

Thank you very much!! Ufff .. i've seen some really good Spad ... thanks anyway!!! 

On 6/16/2019 at 9:16 PM, Duncan B said:

That's brilliantly finished, very nice indeed.

Duncan B

Thanks a lot!!! 

😁👍👍

What an amazing piece of modelling. How you get that rigging detail in that scale is beyond me.

BTW, that base is most appropriate - its height relative to the model and the absence of excessive detail gives focus and value to the subject, I think,

Michael