1/72 BOAC Mosquito G-AGGG

She's done and delivered. Here's the wip link, It's fastened to the wood with small brass rod in each tyre and glued. The wood, I sprayed two coats of gloss on.

G-AGGG-done-June-11-2019-1.jpg

G-AGGG-done-June-11-2019-2.jpg

G-AGGG-done-June-11-2019-3.jpg

G-AGGG-done-June-11-2019-4.jpg

G-AGGG-done-June-11-2019-5.jpg

Edited by busnproplinerfan
  • Like 37

9 hours ago, Moa said:

It may be the only kind of mosquito you can like, and of course on civil marks!

Well done! the struggle paid off.

That's how I like mine. A few were used post war in Canada. Some by Spartan Air Service and somebody else, forget who. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skvHQ0YPZEQ

• Like 1

Nice! :) I used to work with a chap - Dennis Revill - who was a navigator on these flights to and from Sweden. He had some great stories :). Sadly my age and the fact that he passed away in the 1980s has diminished my memory :(.....

Martin

8 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Nice! :) I used to work with a chap - Dennis Revill - who was a navigator on these flights to and from Sweden. He had some great stories :). Sadly my age and the fact that he passed away in the 1980s has diminished my memory :(.....

Martin

I bet he had some good ones. Hopefully some were written down by someone.

I'd like to think so but I fear not. He was unwell for many years while I worked with him and wouldn't have been of a mind to do so. I may be wrong! We had another chap - an Aussie, Arxhie Innes - who had been a Captain on our Comets but had also been a Wimpey pilot in the war. He was lively and could spin a yarn! I was working, out of school, in their crew records department and we had to hold records of flying experiences. It was scattered with wartime flyers. I remember the Bombay being featured once :). The most memorable was our Comet Fleet Captain who was ex-RAF and came to me one day with an update form saying "I've been to Sumburgh but I can't remember the exact date. It was in a Mustang. He had 146 types flown on his record. :). Typical RAF of the time - handlebar moustache, black gun dogs, etc.....

Martin

I have some good stories in my book "The Stockholm Run", also on Mosquito flights. It would have been great to have included some from Dennis Revill, but unfortunately I started my work on the book some decades too late.

Nils

8 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

I'd like to think so but I fear not. He was unwell for many years while I worked with him and wouldn't have been of a mind to do so. I may be wrong! We had another chap - an Aussie, Arxhie Innes - who had been a Captain on our Comets but had also been a Wimpey pilot in the war. He was lively and could spin a yarn! I was working, out of school, in their crew records department and we had to hold records of flying experiences. It was scattered with wartime flyers. I remember the Bombay being featured once :). The most memorable was our Comet Fleet Captain who was ex-RAF and came to me one day with an update form saying "I've been to Sumburgh but I can't remember the exact date. It was in a Mustang. He had 146 types flown on his record. :). Typical RAF of the time - handlebar moustache, black gun dogs, etc.....

Martin

At that time, I couldn't even imagine the stories. I volunteered at the aviation museum here during the early '90s. Most of the crew in the shop were ww2 vets. You learned a lot as well as stories, wish I could have recorded them. Just remember a few.

7 hours ago, Vingtor said:

I have some good stories in my book "The Stockholm Run", also on Mosquito flights. It would have been great to have included some from Dennis Revill, but unfortunately I started my work on the book some decades too late.

Nils

Maybe a volume 2 sometime.