Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-17F

• 8 months later...

Thank you for the link to your MiG 17. You did a fantastic job with that model. The camo looks spot on! Long time ago I have build the 1/72 Hasegawa model to present it together with my Showtime 100 Phantom as I have read in the Aeroplane Aviation Magazine about the dogfight. Have seen Airfix has released a new tool Mig 17 in my scale. Perhaps I will buy it one day...

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mario said:

Thank you for the link to your MiG 17. You did a fantastic job with that model. The camo looks spot on! Long time ago I have build the 1/72 Hasegawa model to present it together with my Showtime 100 Phantom as I have read in the Aeroplane Aviation Magazine about the dogfight. Have seen Airfix has released a new tool Mig 17 in my scale. Perhaps I will buy it one day...

Cheers,

Mario

Thank you sincerely Mario! 🥂  I would love to see your 1/72 version!  😀

4 hours ago, exdraken said:

Very nice wormy paint work!

Hats off!

Thank you sir!   Kind of you to say!  🍺

27 minutes ago, 0viking0 said:

Amazing work.

Many thanks and much appreciated OvikingO!  🍻

Thank you folks for kindly dropping in for a repeat run at this MiG.   I will admit that it's one of my favorite models and I'm always happy to see her getting a lil' love!  :clap2:

• Like 2

Good idea to stay with the theme ;)

There is so much MiG-17 variety out there, markings and camo wise... and lots of action it saw as well... 

If you fancy more war horses, you can easily go Middle East or Africa!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Good idea to stay with the theme ;)

There is so much MiG-17 variety out there, markings and camo wise... and lots of action it saw as well... 

If you fancy more war horses, you can easily go Middle East or Africa!

I would love to do one in an African country's scheme Werner!   I've seen some really cool looking camo patterns out there. 😀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 11:35 PM, Gary Brantley said:

Thank you sincerely Mario! 🥂  I would love to see your 1/72 version!  😀

Thank you sir!   Kind of you to say!  🍺

Many thanks and much appreciated OvikingO!  🍻

Thank you folks for kindly dropping in for a repeat run at this MiG.   I will admit that it's one of my favorite models and I'm always happy to see her getting a lil' love!  :clap2:

Hello Gary!

Here is a pic of my old Hasegawa MiG 17. Built it more than 20 years ago together with the F-4J from the same brand:

dKEwe36.jpg

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mario said:

Hello Gary!

Here is a pic of my old Hasegawa MiG 17. Built it more than 20 years ago together with the F-4J from the same brand:

dKEwe36.jpg

Cheers,

Mario

That's a great pic of the two adversaries together Mario!   They both still look great too.  :clap2:  They are something of a study in contrasts aren't they?   Thank you for sharing them with us here.     Cheers! 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

That's a great pic of the two adversaries together Mario!   They both still look great too.  :clap2:  They are something of a study in contrasts aren't they?   Thank you for sharing them with us here.     Cheers! 😀

Thank you Gary. Indeed they seem to come from different epoches.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, exhausted said:

Pfc. Dam Dhum Phuc has been removed from the Communist Party.

I believe he and his wife, Jennifer, are doing nails here in Texas now. 🙂

16 hours ago, Ad-4N said:

Every air force has a PFC Dam Dhum Phuc.  

Why am I picturing a  Benny Hill episode here? 😄

2 hours ago, Unfinished project said:

Simply stunning from nose to tail plastic perfection 👌🏻👌🏻

Thank you Unfinished project!   I'm glad you liked her and glad to have your reply!   🍻

11 hours ago, SoftScience said:

Beautiful job! 

And I can't wait to use your bear's *as comment in conversation. I love learning new words :D

Thanks!  🍻  Lol, you'll have some fun with that old saying for sure.  It very descriptive and does leave a vivid mental picture doesn't it? 😄

• 11 months later...