Fw190A-8/R2 Sturmböcke - Eduard 1/48 'New Generation'

This kit was built alongside the Eduard 1/48 Fw190A-5/U12 (see my earlier post in RFI). Again it was virtually an oob build, all I added was the excellent Brassin resin cockpit and some detail to the wheel wells. The wheel wells lack detail at the front so I added some, using the Eduard P/E set (intended for the old tool 190s) as a template for these missing details.

The kit was again finished using the AK True Colours Luftwaffe paints, these actually supply 3 variations of RLM76 of which I used 'variation 2' a later war shade!

This kit was from the Reichsverteidigung combo which unlike the A-5 kit has gloss decals which went on perfectly!

The machine I chose to build was that flown by Ofw. Karl Rusack of 5./JG.300, Lobnitz Jan.1945. This machine had the standard 74/75/76 scheme over which a meandering spray of green was applied possibly as ground concealment. Some sources say this may have been RLM71 but I chose the AK green variation of RLM81 (83 ??!!!) :-

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now where are those other 5 early 190s!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Andy

• Like 17